• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels to Acquire Justin Upton

totdprods

No idea how this will all work out but Eppler's quotes in Fletcher's article at the OCR are pretty satisfying as a fan.  

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/31/angels-add-slugger-justin-upton-in-deadline-deal/

“This team showed a lot of fight over the year,” Eppler said. “What we were starting to see, the punches were stronger. The guys were hitting harder. Their play warranted continued investment in this club.”

Gotta think the players loved to see him say and do what he did....

Eppler has really impressed me thus far, I must say. He's been very patient yet effective. This trade is a no brainer even if he opts out, which I agree will most likely happen.

Some playoff success could definitely influence his decision to re-sign here. Who knows in the long run. All I know is today I feel good. Go Halos

Brandon Phillips is 36 years old but his performance has not dropped off at all. Incredibly consistent OPS+ totals over the past six years:

99, 94, 90, 97, 94, 96, and his career OPS+ is 96.

His OBP from 2012-17 is a rather pedestrian .319, and his OPS of .725 over this time is nothing special.

But still, an upgrade over Pennington and the slumping Cowart.

I say, get him before the clock runs out!