• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Weaver is Awesome

13 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Strad, I have been married almost 25 years, and I am a big proponent of letting guys do what they want.  I hate hearing anyone tell a grown ass man, "You should........" when said grown ass man isn't looking for advice.

"You should drink (fill in the blank), not Bud Light" rubs me the wrong way.  Said grown ass man has tried them all, and he likes Bud Light.  It isn't horrible to him.

I can agree with this because I get the same BS from people who think I am a beer snob telling me a should just drink the bud light because beer is beer.  I don't tell people what to drink.  When I have people over I provide a craft option and a lite option.  This makes everyone happy and saves me money anyways.  It just bugs me when I go somewhere and they give me crap for not wanting to drink their cheap (and in my opinion poor tasting) beer.  To me there is no point in having a beer unless it tastes good.  

26 minutes ago, Jobu said:

Yk: "don't rip on a guy because of what he chooses to drink!"

*immediately rips on his brother in law for choosing to only drink Foster's*

I think you just really like Bud Light.

You ever host a get together?

Just how many types of beers are we supposed to supply?

I actually would like to know the answer to this - I am hosting a family get together.  I know my brother in law only drinks Newcastle (I thought it was Fosters).

Others have their own tastes.

I am hosting approximately 30 people.

What should I do as host, regarding the beer?

2 hours ago, LHalo said:

Apparently Weaver has to drink Pliney the Younger out of a snifter with his pinky up in order to be Internet cool on a Monday night. 

I agree...drink what you like...but as an FYI...I Was just up in Santa Rosa and made a nice dent in my bank account while visiting Russian river brewery. 

11 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I actually would like to know the answer to this - I am hosting a family get together.  I know my brother in law only drinks Newcastle (I thought it was Fosters).

Pick a few beers and tell folks to bring their own shit if they are picky. 

11 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I'd have a few different options.  Maybe hit up Costco and get a Sams Seasonal Variety pack.  Get some Newcastle (it seems most people like it, I like it and it's easily available) and get a lighter beer, Corona/Pacifico/Coors or Bud Light.  

What time should I be there?  

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seriously, if they are that picky, BYOB.

I guess so.

fwiw, my brother in law didn't bitch.  He spent 20 seconds looking at the cooler, picking through the ice - shut the cooler lid and walked off.  As the host, I felt kind of crappy.

Years ago, I hosted a fundraising poker tournament for my daughter's club soccer team.  I didn't know any better - included in the buy in was a keg of beer.  I was an idiot - I thought people would like it.  I got a keg of Dos Equis... and I had cans of bud light.  The Dos Equis went over slightly better than a turd in a punch bowl.  That's when I first learned the power of beer snobs. 

It was a day long event, in the summer.  People liked the bud light, or whatever light beer I had in cans.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I'd have a few different options.  Maybe hit up Costco and get a Sams Seasonal Variety pack.  Get some Newcastle (it seems most people like it, I like it and it's easily available) and get a lighter beer, Corona/Pacifico/Coors or Bud Light.  

What time should I be there?  

haha - I did have a bunch of options.  Just not the right ones.