• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Is This Season Harder To Watch For You Because The Dodgers Are Doing So Good?

This question is geared more to those of us here in the LA County/Orange County/Inland Empire area mostly.  

Has this Angels season been harder to watch than it normally would because the Dodgers are doing so incredible this season?  

I'll be honest, it sure is for me.  Dodger fans have been worse than usual this year with their trash talking and gloating.

I really hope those bastards blow it in the playoffs like the Mariners did in 2001.

I don't hate the Dodgers.... just their fans (with a few exceptions).

This season is frustrating because of the roller-coaster nature of it.  When I think they're done - they climb back in. When I think they've turned the corner, they lose 3 out of 4.  They come from behind to win often and then turn around and lose a game to walk off grand slam after being up by a lot.  It's fun. It's frustrating. It's exciting.  It's depressing.  It's just pure craziness.  Maybin looks good.  Maybin sucks.  EY, Jr. is up and playing great and then he's down in AAA never to be heard from again.  Cron hits a grand slam and gets sent down.  Every time I see Marte in the middle of the order, I want to scream.  Just when I think they're giving Cowart the shaft - he's up and contributing and then...  he gets pigeon holed into a platoon.  They find a Blake Parker and sign Salas back to AAA.  They're all over the place.  It's insane.

At least Buttercup is gone. 

I dont dislike the Dodgers at all if im being honest, ive just never been a fan due to the whole pitchers trying to hit thing turned me off at a very young age but i appreciate the mechanics and complexity of it in comparison to the AL.  

I actually quite like what they are doing right now as most of this success isnt due to buying stuff and those guys have mostly become supporting parts, pitchers aside of course.

Their success really hasnt affected me either way as i recall the last team to run away with the reg season and the result they got (cough Mariners cough) 

I do think the attention its gotten has made It become a bit of a lose lose for them in the sense that anything less than a WS title will be considered not only a failure, but one of epic proportions. 

Some of their fan base make them VERY difficult to root for though. 

13 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Some?  I'd say it is at least 90% of their fan base.

Nah, for me its not that bad, but when i go to games i can see why people say that.  The last one i went to the section i was in was most Dodger fan and they were terribly obnoxious.  But i know too many real world fans that aren't like that to go 90% :) 

Just now, floplag said:

Nah, for me its not that bad, but when i go to games i can see why people say that.  The last one i went to the section i was in was most Dodger fan and they were terribly obnoxious.  But i know too many real world fans that aren't like that to go 90% :) 

Fine, I'll give you 85% and not a % lower.  :troll-arms-rage-smiley-emoticon:

i dont give a shit about the dodgers really.  i find a lot of the fans pretty irritating, especially that pantone whatever the fuck group this season.  i have several friends that are doyer fans.  so i have to hear about them so i stay reasonably appraised of whats going on with them. 

I really hope they eat shit this fall though.  the doyer pandemonium if they win will be pretty unbearable.

6 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Dodgers haven't won anything yet outside of a lot of regular season games. 

I used to work for a company based in Seattle and I traveled there a ton.  The whole office up there was so jacked when the Mariners had that year winning 116 games. . .and then they didn't win it all.  Those people were devastated.  They were let down, shocked, even embarrassed.  There was legitimate shame happening.  They felt the baseball God's betrayed them and stole something from them.  For them it was very painful.

As an Angel fan, it was great and it remains a nice little jab a give some of the people I stay in contact with.

So ultimately I could really enjoy what happens with the Dodgers this year.

Crossing my fingers. . .

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Ditto....    The Dodgers and what they do stopped mattering to me the second Percy threw his fists up in the air....

Yep this.  And if the Dodgers play the Red Sox, I will root for the Dodgers.  This is coming from a guy that hated the Dodgers with every ounce of his being until October of 2002.