• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Harvey

On 9/2/2017 at 11:54 PM, Tank said:

i've been greatly impressed by JJ Watt of the houston texans through all of this. he set out with a goal of trying to raise $4 mil. surpassed that and set another goal. that was passed. over 150,000 people have donated so far and have donated some $17 mil.

i greatly applaud watt and what he's doing here. i'm a fan.

Now over $18 mil with 20 in sight.

My company predominately deals with veterans and VA home loans. In conjunction with our affiliation and the unfortunate events of Hurricane Harvey, we have teamed up with Team Rubicon which is a veteran based disaster task force that jumps right into the middle of natural disasters and provides support. We have a goal of 10k we would like to send them and the company is going to match up to 3.5k. Any help is gratefully appreciated by the vets and people of Houston. Feel free to share/pass this around if you could so others can help out if they choose. Thank you.

https://fundraise.teamrubiconusa.org/team/132491

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Irate officer turns away Harvey volunteers delivering aid

Couldn't see the video so don't know how bad or legit it was.

The guy starts off as a power tripping asshole. Turns out he had no affiliation with the local police so he was being a vigilante. Could be up for charges, impersonating an officer or denying travel without any authority to close roads or redirect traffic.

Hurricane Harvey: Texas politicians warn against donating to Red Cross in wake of disaster

Here is the thing about the Red Cross that I don't think people understand.  If you donate to the Red Cross, while you may think you are helping in Harvey and Irma relief efforts, but unless you specifically specify it go to Harvey and Irma relief efforts (which most people don't do), it will go to general relief efforts.  General will cover things like the La Tuna fire we had recently in LA and the other fire in Riverside.  General will also cover I believe aid they will be sending to Mexico for their earthquake. 

Overall, they do a good job setting up shelter when these small emergencies pop up around the country.  And they pop quite often, and are easier to handle by one aid organization.  But for something big, if you want your money to go to those specific victims, it's better to donate to a local charity in the area you want to help.  Because even with the size of the Red Cross, they can only handle a small portion of a major disaster, since they can't divert all their resources to it, without leaving the rest of the country vulnerable with these small disasters.

Well, it's been a crazy few weeks.

We ended up with three feet of water in our house, which sat there for about 8 days.  We weren't able to get back in until last Tuesday (the stench was something to behold).  Aside from the water, there was 2 feet of mold growing above the water line.

Thankfully we have flood insurance, so we have a contractor doing the demo work and mold remediation.  I've been assisting some friends with DIY demo the past few weekends (which sucks ass, by the way).

My neighborhood looks like a war zone.  Dry mud in the street, and front yards littered with furniture, drywall, carpet, and insulation.

Lost both cars as well, but we're all safe and sound.  

fuck, sorry to hear man. be careful with those mold spores.

this may sound weird, but this is a rad ass community when it counts or needs to be. if you need anything my man just post or reach out and we will all be there to help where we can. not just money, but resources. collectively we are pretty unstoppable bunch with resources.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

fuck, sorry to hear man. be careful with those mold spores.

this may sound weird, but this is a rad ass community when it counts or needs to be. if you need anything my man just post or reach out and we will all be there to help where we can. not just money, but resources. collectively we are pretty unstoppable bunch with resources.

Thanks man.  This is a great community indeed.

Yeah, the mold and the nasty ass flood water can be deadly.  Sick shit.

Sadly, like 90% of the folks out here are doing their own demo (no flood insurance).  A co-worker of mine stepped on some glass and got some floodwater in the cut, and has been hospitalized for several days.

17 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

Thanks man.  This is a great community indeed.

Yeah, the mold and the nasty ass flood water can be deadly.  Sick shit.

Sadly, like 90% of the folks out here are doing their own demo (no flood insurance).  A co-worker of mine stepped on some glass and got some floodwater in the cut, and has been hospitalized for several days.

fuck man. brutal...and random shit like that glass. yeah, if fema doesn't zone it as a flood zone most people don't have it because it can be hairy on the HOI premiums.

let me know if I can help. I like to take care of our own and know other dudes here feel the same. keep us posted and lean on your friends and us when needed.

52 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

We ended up with three feet of water in our house, which sat there for about 8 days.  We weren't able to get back in until last Tuesday (the stench was something to behold).  Aside from the water, there was 2 feet of mold growing above the water line.

Thankfully we have flood insurance, so we have a contractor doing the demo work and mold remediation.  I've been assisting some friends with DIY demo the past few weekends (which sucks ass, by the way).

My neighborhood looks like a war zone.  Dry mud in the street, and front yards littered with furniture, drywall, carpet, and insulation.

yikes. glad you're okay. thankfully, stuff can always be replaced. 

On 9/13/2017 at 6:49 AM, the dude abides said:

What a nightmare. Sorry to hear the bad news. I know its easier for me or anyone else to say, but the important thing is youre safe. Hopefully whatever material items you lost are replaceable, and the important stuff made it.