• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Harvey

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

It's like here in California, if you want earthquake insurance you have to get supplemental coverage for it. I'm sure it's the same in areas that a subject to tornadoes  

14 minutes ago, red321 said:

This is the 3rd 500+ year flood they've had in the Houston area in the last few years. Much like New Orleans, Miami, and other low lying cities there are going to need to be some harsh conversations about how much and where to rebuild.

If it's not done wisely we an expect more and more of this 

16 minutes ago, red321 said:

This is the 3rd 500+ year flood they've had in the Houston area in the last few years. Much like New Orleans, Miami, and other low lying cities there are going to need to be some harsh conversations about how much and where to rebuild.

From what it sounds like, Houston being a concrete city isn't helping.  I'm hoping Los Angeles takes notice, because if we had a torrential rainfall like what Houston is getting, we'd be just as fucked.  But there are technologies if implemented large scale, which could help.  Like water absorbing permeable concrete.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

From what it sounds like, Houston being a concrete city isn't helping.  I'm hoping Los Angeles takes notice, because if we had a torrential rainfall like what Houston is getting, we'd be just as fucked.  But there are technologies if implemented large scale, which could help.  Like water absorbing permeable concrete.

I don't think there's anything that can absorb that much water

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Damn!

I've waited years for this shit. even the smug asshole at the end that says, "looks like you have an upset family there" like they are out of line while they just do their jobs. the rhetorical and just dumbass line of questioning and sensationalism from networks is so absurd.

Just made a donation to the Red Cross, as well as a couple of animal welfare organizations, such as Humane Society and SPCA.

I saw a story on the local news about dogs being transported from Houston to a shelter here in NJ, and it really made me feel bad for these poor things. Seeing a picture of them up to their necks in water was a moving image.

Texas chemical plant in critical condition, raising possibility of explosion

Scary stuff.  I had to chuckle at this bit though.

Arkema, a maker of organic peroxides commonly used by the plastics and rubber industries, evacuated all personnel from the plant and was attempting to operate the facility remotely.

Chemical plant, and organic just doesn't seem to fit.

man, you look at all of the damage and wonder just how long it's going to take for these places to dry out and where all of those people are going to live until their housing is available. there's an awful lot of work ahead for many, many people.

insurance companies are going to be incredibly busy, also - home, property, cars, health, you name it.