• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Harvey

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Texas chemical plant in critical condition, raising possibility of explosion

Scary stuff.  I had to chuckle at this bit though.

Chemical plant, and organic just doesn't seem to fit.

At some point we might decide putting a large amount of our chemical and petroleum processing in a low lying area prone to flooding that has the potential to be significantly impacted by climate change might not be the best idea. 

21 hours ago, Tank said:

man, you look at all of the damage and wonder just how long it's going to take for these places to dry out and where all of those people are going to live until their housing is available. there's an awful lot of work ahead for many, many people.

insurance companies are going to be incredibly busy, also - home, property, cars, health, you name it.

I dont know a ton about the weather in the area, ive only been there in the summer. But i also wonder what the rainfall is like when their winter hits. Even when the surface water evaporates, the ground will be saturated for quite a bit. I imagine that would compound it 

On 8/30/2017 at 10:21 PM, red321 said:

At some point we might decide putting a large amount of our chemical and petroleum processing in a low lying area prone to flooding that has the potential to be significantly impacted by climate change might not be the best idea. 

The issue is that the vast majority of petroleum comes in by ship, so being near a major seaport is a necessity.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

So when the next big one hits.  @Tankwill be the only survivor among us.  Till we decide to go cannibal that is.

i'll let you guys go all lord of the flies on each other while i'm sitting in the cat bird seat scarfing down some tofurkey and fa-con.

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Whatever floats your boat, dude.

I tried some tofurkey once, and I wouldn't send it to starving natives in Somalia.

it's funny 'cause it's true.

i tried tofurkey once and couldn't stand it. but it makes for a good running joke around here, and i'm okay with that.

i've been greatly impressed by JJ Watt of the houston texans through all of this. he set out with a goal of trying to raise $4 mil. surpassed that and set another goal. that was passed. over 150,000 people have donated so far and have donated some $17 mil.

i greatly applaud watt and what he's doing here. i'm a fan.