• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Harvey

Thank you @mtangelsfan

Yeah, we're stocked up.  I'm less worried about the wind and debris, but very concerned with flooding.  Not "entire house under water", but we border Buffalo Bayou, and there is a levee on the other side of our community.  Had a close call last April (the bayou backed up into our community, and water was half way up our front yard.  This, however, will be considerably more rainfall.

That said, my flood insurance is current and I"m stocked with cerveza (and bourbon in case the power goes out).

Bring it on, Harvey!

21 hours ago, red321 said:

As I watch the weather channel reporter hang in for dear life, battered by wind and rain, any moment now at risk from being blown from the earth... my mind sometimes wonders...how is the camera man able to stand perfectly still and give us a great picture?

because the camera weighs 327 pounds. the dude can't even move.

6 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

How is everyone holding up down there?

So far, nothing much has happened here, which is good.

Apparently, the danger now lies in that we can still expect a considerable amount of rain  over an  extended time period which could lead to serious flooding in spots. I had no issues today getting around San Antonio to where I needed to be. Saturday's rainfall was nowhere near what was forecast.

Hopefully everything stays calm. That'd be nice.