• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread 8/20 Angels @ Orioles

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think it's hilarious that he thinks everyone is a bitch when watching the game.

There goes bitch again. You use that every time speak to people on streets? Of course you never say shit during games why should you? You think your boy is best skipper in game. 

10 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

With Lavar Ball and Josh Rosen already on board, you are a Nick Saban away from going full douche. 

Like you wouldn't take Saban, especially after that train wreck you just fired.

(you really don't want me to start naming douchebag ducks, do you? ; ) )

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Like you wouldn't take Saban, especially after that train wreck you just fired.

(you really don't want me to start naming douchebag ducks, do you? ; ) )

I'm also a Dolphins fan, so no, I would not take Saban. I actually hope that Jadeveon Clowney is some sort of heightcist (like a racist but towards short people) and acts on that bigotry. 

6 minutes ago, Jwhitt33 said:

There goes bitch again. You use that every time speak to people on streets? Of course you never say shit during games why should you? You think your boy is best skipper in game. 

No I don't.  I said I thought Cowart should start as the 2nd post of this thread and I said I would have kept Petit in for the 9th.  As far as using these words on the street, in real life I don't hang around people who are only happy when they are miserable.  

No I don't.  I said I thought Cowart should start as the 2nd post of this thread and I said I would have kept Petit in for the 9th.  As far as using these words on the street, in real life I don't hang around people who are only happy when they are miserable.  

Good don't use it outside.

Try to enjoy the game big guy.  The team is on pace to win about 85 games, which isn't great, it is pretty amazing considering the injuries and lack of a cohesive offense.  

Die hard fan bro. We're right in it and hated to see bud in there as rest of us were. Penny is horrible second basemen and I can man second as good as him. Doesn't belong out there. Don't get it with him out there at all.

23 minutes ago, Jwhitt33 said:

Die hard fan bro. We're right in it and hated to see bud in there as rest of us were. Penny is horrible second basemen and I can man second as good as him. Doesn't belong out there. Don't get it with him out there at all.

When fans say things like "I can play _________ as good as (major league baseball player) I stop listening to anything they say.

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

When fans say things like "I can play _________ as good as (major league baseball player) I stop listening to anything they say.

Can you name one second basemen you wouldn't take over Pennington? Some people like to argue just to argue. He put first two runners on if you watched game. Didn't get error on first one but big leaguer makes that play.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

No one is. Do you go to church and think, the minister stepping up to the pulpit isn't Jesus Christ so this is going to suck. 

Stupid expectations based on the guy on the mound always has to be the 1% of all pitchers to be successful is why you guys are such idiots during GameDay. 

Why would I go to church. But if I did and the minister had a history of sucking then yea, I might think there was a good chance he would continue sucking.

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

Did he suck earlier in the year?

Moving the goalposts. His ERA since the break is 12.66. Twelve. Sixty. Six. And then he put two runners on and barely got out of the inning. And yet he's reinstated at closer all because he had a whopping one inning last time out where he didn't shit himself. Meanwhile Bedrosian hasn't given up an earned run this month, converted 3 saves last week without issue, and actually gets pulled from the closer role and put in a low-leverage early relief role. Not to mention Parker who's been excellent all season and hasn't been given a chance. Absurd. 

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

Moving the goalposts. His ERA since the break is 12.66. Twelve. Sixty. Six. And then he put two runners on and barely got out of the inning. And yet he's reinstated at closer all because he had a whopping one inning last time out where he didn't shit himself. Meanwhile Bedrosian hasn't given up an earned run this month, converted 3 saves last week without issue, and actually gets pulled from the closer role and put in a low-leverage early relief role. Not to mention Parker who's been excellent all season and hasn't been given a chance. Absurd. 

So he was good?

Nobody has stated that Norris has been reinstated as the closer. In fact, nobody has been.  He closed today. Parker pitched the 9th yesterday. Middleton the day before. Bedrosian the game before that . Bailey the game before that. 

Edited by Lou

6 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

So he was good?

You never bothered to address my point, you just brought up a strawman and are now demanding I address it. And yes, he was "good." In the sense that as a 32-year-old failed starter who has a career 4.96 ERA as a reliever, he pitched well for a couple of months and then turned into a pumpkin. Great, we got a couple of good months out of him and then you move on. Hell, Jepsen had one good year for us and has a better career track record in relief than Norris, and everyone hates him. 

We're not talking about Kimbrel/Jansen/Chapman/etc here, we're talking about a guy who only took over at closer because Bedrosian and Street were injured. Why this insistence on shoehorning him into the closer role, especially after one clean appearance. If he absolutely must be the closer, at least give him 3-4 weeks to regain his rhythm in middle relief before running him out there with a one run lead on the road in the middle of a wild card race.