• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Umpire Lives Matter

what;s wrong with everyone.

has baseball now descending to the level of political discourse in these times?

what happened to people having honest disagreements and opinions with neither side right or wrong -- just different perspectives?

players can gripe a bit but there's a line and at one time everyone knew where that line was.

now you have trigger hair umps who will toss a player for saying ANYTHING and you also have players (like Kinsler's example) that cross the line.

at one time everyone understood their role..............managers and players who gripe : 1. If there was a legitimate rule interpretation issue gone awry; 2.) a close play that could have been called either way; 3.) an inconsistent strike zone from the home plate ump -- if it's a strike in the first inning or for one team, it's a strike in the ninth inning and for BOTH teams......

Managers and players could kick up a slight fuss and move on without getting kicked out.  Sometimes the manager argued a call just to rev up his team -- other times a manager (Whitey Herzog managing St. Louis) would get toss early in the game on a getaway day before an off day to get an early start on an otherwise impossible to schedule mid-season fishing trip.....

But now GEEZ -- everyone's aggreived by any argument..........folks -- that's the game..........close calls that get complained about that could go either way..........

let's get back to baseball.........

Boo fucking hoo, give me a frigging break. Hernandez, Joe West, a few others have it in their head that people come ot game to see them.  
The best umps are those you CANT name at all, the fact that we know these men all too well suggests they are either looking for trouble, incompetent, or both.
I'm not condoning verbal abuse but this is ludicrous coming from these men.  

10 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I support what Kinsler said 100%. More guys need to do it. MLB protects these incompetent shitheels far too much. Obviously it strikes a nerve since they're doing this armband bullshit.

Players should also publicly recognize umpires that do a good job.  At this point, the players simply look like complainers.

I think MLB should let the players, coaches and managers determine which umpires work the playoffs and world series and pay them well for the honor.

At work, I feel like I am on Angel Hernandez's umpiring crew. 

35 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

The better umpires don't have many problems because they are competent and professional.  Get more umps like them and the problem is solved.

Being competent requires knowledge and experience while being professional requires a different set of knowledge, experience as well as restraint.  Umpires make mistakes whether they are competent or not.  It is difficult to find people who are both competent and professional in today's world....look no further than the White House, or your legislators, or your bosses, or your co-workers.

As much as Kindler may dislike Hernandez he would hate Statcast according to new information revealing it is not nearly as accurate as you may think.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/baseballs-new-pitch-tracking-system-is-just-a-bit-outside/

MLB adopted Statcast but it turns out PITCHf/x was far more accurate in reading ball movement and velocity along with where the ball was located as it crosses the plate.

Velocity readings were off as much as 2 miles per hour ( Weaver must have thought his off season exercise routine of going to Las Vegas to watch shows was finally paying off) league wide making it seem like pitchers were much better than they were.

But it's real problem is it is the Pedro Cerrano of tracking a breaking ball. “It appears that the current Statcast/TrackMan h[orizontal]/v[ertical] break can be up to 3 inches divergent from the truth, simply comparing it to 2016 PITCHf/x data,” said Kyle Boddy

arthur-statcastproblems-2.png?w=1150&h=5

Cincinnati’s Great American Ball Park shows the worst errors, missing by an average of 2.4 inches per pitch. That's horribly bad as in worse than Angel Hernandez bad and just as inconsistent. 

So those you screaming at the television that the umpire missed the call because the Foxtrack graph says a pitch missed the corner, you could be basing that off of a tracking system that has less of a clue than the guy in blue behind the plate. 

Still, Angel Hernandez is a tool.

Edited by Blarg

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Wow, that's just fucking terrible. What an embarrassment to baseball.

Imagine how the Braves felt about Eric Gregg in that infamous 1997 NLCS game, with the 15 Ks by the Fish' Livan Hernandez where half of them were looking on clearly pitches out of the strike zone.

48 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

The worst is that they never request, or get any help from their fellow umpires.

Everybody's like - The call is wrong?  F it, lets keep going.

It's because they all know the other umpires are full of shit. I wouldn't ask for Angel Hernandez' opinion on my call either.