• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Dodgers get Granderson for Cash and PTBNL

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Could be as simple as Joc Petersen slumping ...  Dodgers no tolerance rule in effect 

Even assuming they shift Bellanger to a little OF with the return of Gonzales, they are still over stocked and thats without Ethier.    
I'm sure that the short term answer, make sense, but just doesnt feel like a vacuum kind of deal to me.  
I'm probably reading too much into it but i could so see the Dodgers swoop in and steal the thunder on Stanton and watch this forum fucking explode. 

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

would have been a major upgrade over Revere vs. RHers.  The Halos lack power and he has it.  Also a capable defender.  

But why help the team with an obvious move that costs you no talent in return?  

Would that move have pushed us over the CBT threshold?  

Maybe they're trying to work a Stanton deal instead?  That would be a decent excuse but if you can't make it happen then you've missed out on a reasonable upgrade 

Didn't you notice us punting on the season at the trade deadline?

why?

Granderson is in the starting line up today for Dogs vs. Tigers back at Detroit where Granderson first came up.

How cheaply did they get him ? (not in terms of what they gave up -- but in terms of how much of this season's contract are the Dogs paying for the rest of the year? I assume Granderson has a pretty sizeable contract and that he's clearly a rental).

Meanwhile -- Dogs fans can actually see their team on TV today on FS1 and who's doing the broadcast?  The retired Dick Enberg along with Kirk Gibson -- who I think is the regular Tigers commentator this year.  Enberg is doing a one game fill in gig for MARIO IMPEMBA -- I'm sure there's a few posters here who remember Mario Impemba who was second PBP/ commentator alongside Bob Starr for the Halos a few years back (like 15 now? time flies) -- then Bob Starr passed away and Impemba took over the PBP duties only to leave to head back to Detroit -- his hometown state/ area -- to work alongside ERNIE HARWELL for his final season(s).

I don't necessarily see Granderson making the post-season roster.

so the Dodgers have some decisions to make -- right now - if I'm them -- I keep Bellinger at 1B and keep Adrian Gonzalez off the post-season roster.

Eithier? great player when he plays - but he has not played all season -- I don't see him making the post-season roster.

actually,  if the Angels could swing a deal here -- Eithier would be an upgrade for us -- even as a 5th/6th OF'er/ DH and he probably would make the Halos (one game playoff) post-season roster...........not sure what we'd have that the Dodgers would want -- when is Eithier's contract up?  He has/ had a decent sized contract for not having played all season.

6 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Perhaps the Dodgers winning the WS this year wouldn't be such a bad thing.  It could force Artie to be even more aggressive in the off season, Trout extension, Stanton trade, etc.

Sorry, but my hate for them would never allow me to root for them under any circumstance.

To give you an example, if the Doggies winning the WS would somehow prevent a zombie apocalypse, I'd say, bring on the flesh eaters.

7 minutes ago, disarcina said:

I don't necessarily see Granderson making the post-season roster.

so the Dodgers have some decisions to make -- right now - if I'm them -- I keep Bellinger at 1B and keep Adrian Gonzalez off the post-season roster.

Eithier? great player when he plays - but he has not played all season -- I don't see him making the post-season roster.

actually,  if the Angels could swing a deal here -- Eithier would be an upgrade for us -- even as a 5th/6th OF'er/ DH and he probably would make the Halos (one game playoff) post-season roster...........not sure what we'd have that the Dodgers would want -- when is Eithier's contract up?  He has/ had a decent sized contract for not having played all season.

I highly doubt they picked up a guy they value high enough to bat 5th to not play him in the post.  And i also dont think there is any change AGon stays off it either unless he gets hurt again.  
Those other guys may be the Dodgers future but for them the future is also now, they need to win a WS this year or they will be considered a failure. 

well - there's that old country music tune by Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys with a cover done every well by Asleep at the Wheel:

"Dance with the one that brung ya (to the Ball)"

Dodgers are going to win up with perhaps 115 wins, perhaps even more.

Granderson and Gonzalez aren't the one's that danced to get them to the Ball........

7 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Sorry, but my hate for them would never allow me to root for them under any circumstance.

To give you an example, if the Doggies winning the WS would somehow prevent a zombie apocalypse, I'd say, bring on the flesh eaters.

So if the Dodgers winning a series meant that the Angels sign Trout to an Extension that keeps him an Angel for the rest of his career you would root against the Dodgers?

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

I don't get the Dodger hate here.  Most of my friends are Dodgers fans and I will be really happy for them if the Dodgers win it all.  I want Socal to represent so I will be rooting for them too.

For me its a long standing hatred and resentment of being treated like an also ran in the market, they have NEVER given us any support whatsoever, why should we return the favor?
For the record i like what they have done currently and really want to root for them, then i got to the freeway series games and see the fanbase talking so much shit it makes me laugh and i just cant.  

3 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

I don't get the Dodger hate here.  Most of my friends are Dodgers fans and I will be really happy for them if the Dodgers win it all.  I want Socal to represent so I will be rooting for them too.

Read up on how the dodgers treated Gene Autry when he first started out. 

Couple that with their loudmouth fans (without cause for 29 years) and they can go fuc* themselves.

Tommy Lasorda can start it off...

Edited by Lou