• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Scioscia's handling of the BP

Chuck

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Everyone was pissed when Mike was systematic with the pen.  He changed his approach and it's still his fault.  

Agreed. I dont say that to defend him, he deserves to get static for the decisions he makes. But ive been kind of saying it for a bit, we got overachievement from the pen this year...it was bound to regress. Cant lean on norris anymore, then it becomes a domino effect.

42 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

What has he blown the past 2 seasons?   Aside from a VERY SMALL stretch after coming back this season from the DL?

Some of you guys have short memories.  Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit about his opportunities but Bedrosian has been with the team for a while.  I'm not gonna go through his game logs but I know that he has blown plenty of games.  Maybe he should be the guy in the 9th but you guys are acting like he's  a clear cut no doubt guy.  He hardly is.

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

Teams in the wild card hunt lose these types of games. That is why they are in the wild card hunt. This is not a good team but I appreciate how interesting this season has been. At least Heaney pitched and didn't get hurt.

...and that's actually a huge positive.

Hard to believe this season and the injuries.

It still did not make any senses that the Angels traded Hernandez. I know he has been shaky in his last couple of outings but he is still having a very good year as a reliever. If the Angels had confidence in making the postseason as a wild card, it would have made no sense to trade away someone who was having a good year out of the bullpen in Hernandez. That move was a move that a team that is way out of playoff contention would make.

12 hours ago, eligrba said:

Teams in the wild card hunt lose these types of games. That is why they are in the wild card hunt. This is not a good team but I appreciate how interesting this season has been. At least Heaney pitched and didn't get hurt.

Well said.  Wild card teams are imperfect, they have flaws.  The 2017 Angels are not suddenly going to turn into Divisional contenders, and dominate in any potential playoff scenario.  Some young players are getting experience, some veterans are trying to keep the ship afloat, and we are learning about the strengths and weaknesses of players and where the biggest needs are for the off season.  We are currently in the midst of a 5-2 road trip, I don't really care about how we won or lost games at this point, except as to how players perform under pressure.  The front office has done a good job of giving this team some speed and defense, and organizing a bullpen that unfortunately is over worked.  The starting pitching is coping, but they don't go deep enough into games to save the bullpen.  I don't like the offensive picture, too many wasted opportunities to put teams away for good.  It's going to be real hard to solve that for this season.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

What the heck does Scioscia see in Middleton?

That's a good question AO.  I think he sees the speed of course, but I think he likes what many on here have also noted, that's his apparent mental toughness and attitude.  However, that doesn't translate to talent necessarily.  He's young and he thinks he can throw his fastball by major league hitters, any hitters.  He probably could if his secondary pitches were stronger, but they aren't yet.

14 minutes ago, tomsred said:

That's a good question AO.  I think he sees the speed of course, but I think he likes what many on here have also noted, that's his apparent mental toughness and attitude.  However, that doesn't translate to talent necessarily.  He's young and he thinks he can throw his fastball by major league hitters, any hitters.  He probably could if his secondary pitches were stronger, but they aren't yet.

Clearly, Scioscia just shows too much faith in young guys with tools, sticking with them even when they fail, when he instead ought to go with some veterans. 

(See what I did there?)

1 minute ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Clearly, Scioscia just shows too much faith in young guys with tools, sticking with them even when they fail, when he instead ought to go with some veterans. 

(See what I did there?)

Very tricky Jeff, .....very tricky.  Now I know how mice lose their lives, they walk into traps.

My biggest complaint about Scioscia is how he handles the bullpen. I don't really get what he could have done differently last night. We needed another pitcher in there somewhere. 

It would be great to take the last 2 games. Intentionally walk Machado's diva ass the rest of the series. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Fair enough. 

I just woke up pissed. 

I'm still pissed off.  I can usually "turn the page" after a loss.  Last nights loss is the hardest in a few seasons.  Probably the worst since Frieri blew the two saves in a week against the Indians then The Nationals.  We sure could have used Hernandez last night.