• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Scioscia's handling of the BP

Chuck

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Did you decide to swing from Sosh's nuts tonight? :)

No Chuck.  I look at a bullpen that is two deep, Parker and Petit.  Middleton and Bedrosian have been inconsistent.  He brought in Bedrock to pitch to two guys that had hit homers.  He brought in Petit to get the two inning save.  Petit struggled in the ninth, so he went to Middleton.  Obviously it didn't work.  But tell me how it is a bad decision.  Start in the sixth inning.  Did it make sense to bring him in?  Then did it make sense to bring in Parker in the 7th?  Of course it did, because the Angels could add to the lead.  Then bring in Petit for the 6 out save.  He's had a lot of 6 out outings this year.  Unfortunately he allowed two runners in the 9th and he pulled him.  

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

I just had this hilarious image of you dancing a jig and knocking over the TV set upon hearing the news that Scioscia gets another extension.

Hope you don't hurt yourself too badly.

Hope he gets that extension just so you can cry like a little bitch.  

19 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

That was returning from the DL Bedrosian.   In August, he's been fine.

Bedrosian may yet end up the teams closer, but he has blown every chance he's been given and there have been several.  If you really want the guy who is best suited for the job in the 9th then it's Parker. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Bedrosian may yet end up the teams closer, but he has blown every chance he's been given and there have been several.  If you really want to guy who is best suited for the job in the 9th then it's Parker. 

I agree with this.  I would have been fine with him trying to go two inngs.  

I think it's crazy we have had more than a few people who have wanted Petit to close out games.  That what was supposed to happen tonight. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Bedrosian may yet end up the teams closer, but he has blown every chance he's been given and there have been several.  If you really want to guy who is best suited for the job in the 9th then it's Parker. 

What has he blown the past 2 seasons?   Aside from a VERY SMALL stretch after coming back this season from the DL?

I've got to mention that this team is still wasting too many scoring chances.  They had plenty of opportunity to bury the Orioles in the late innings tonight, but wasted chances.Petit had a manageable part of the order to get through tonight, and didn't do it.  Plenty of posters here wanted to vary the relievers to the situation including closing, but I am afraid we are seeing why the old method of investing in a veteran closer with the right mentality and then repeating it makes a lot of sense.  The talent is not there on this team to be in a position to solve our current problems.  This team does have a lot of mental toughness though, so I expect them to bounce back with a couple of wins, and have a great road trip at 7-2.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm still really fucking pissed. It usually takes me like 10-15 minutes to get over a loss but this one just really stings for some reason. Hell the 6 run blown lead I basically just laughed off.

Dammit.

Fuck.

I literally just apologized to my wife for being in a shitty mood.  This one stings.

37 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Bullshit Phil.  He brought out Bedrosian to face two guys that had already hit homers tonight.  He is far from disinterested.  Petit blew it by allowing two runners.  Middleton threw a belt high fastball to a guy that had two home runs on the night.  

It isn't just tonight. It's the fact that he is a terrible manager for young players. It's his stubborn insistence in trotting out Pujols in the 3 spot every game, despite his .650 OPS. It's the illogical platoons. I

Is he competent? Sure. Is he the guy who is best qualified to lead the next generation of this team? Not in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I agree with this.  I would have been fine with him trying to go two inngs.  

I think it's crazy we have had more than a few people who have wanted Petit to close out games.  That what was supposed to happen tonight. 

When has he blown his chance at Closer?  He had 6.2 IP with 6 H 0 ER 0 BB 9K 3 Saves 1 Win before going on the DL.  How did he blow it there?  How did he blow it last year with 1.12 ERA?  He didn't blow anything 

Phil brings up a great point.

Even though Sosh seems to get along well with Eppler, it is probably time for a mgr change after 2018.

Sure this team acts as a team well under Sosh.   But we've seen how the post-season has gone for him after the 2005 ALDS (7-17 record in games played in the post-season).   A fresh face who also teams up well with Eppler is probably needed.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Phil brings up a great point.

Even though Sosh seems to get along well with Eppler, it is probably time for a mgr change after 2018.

Sure this team acts as a team well under Sosh.   But we've seen how the post-season has gone for him after the 2005 ALDS (7-17 record in games played in the post-season).   A fresh face who also teams up well with Eppler is probably needed.

But who?? We missed our chance in my opinion with Maddon, and Francona. Two of our best options but Sosh had his deal.