• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Should Scioscia be in the running for MOTY?

Should Scioscia be in the running for MOTY?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scioscia be in the running for MOTY?

• Yes..he's done more with less and has exceeded expectations.
    • No...he's a idiot with a talent laden team that should go to the WS.
    • Yes..I'm a Scioscia nutswinger.
    • No...I hate Scioscia.
    • No opinion.

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

We won the most games in baseball with a rotation that was constantly hurt and no stars outside of Trout. The following year we end up with the 10th worst record in baseball with nearly the same lineup. Yes, the players are winning in spite of Scioscia. Its up to them to ultimately come through and when they don't we blow, when they do we are in contention. Does that make sense to you? Scioscia makes those odds of those players being in the right position to succeed worse with his bad decision making.

Ok, so does Scioscia get credit for the 98 wins?

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

We won the most games in baseball with a rotation that was constantly hurt and no stars outside of Trout. The following year we end up with the 10th worst record in baseball with nearly the same lineup. Yes, the players are winning in spite of Scioscia. Its up to them to ultimately come through and when they don't we blow, when they do we are in contention. Does that make sense to you? Scioscia makes those odds of those players being in the right position to succeed worse with his bad decision making.

We finished 40 games out one year and won the World Series the next. 

Does that make sense to you? 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Well of what you listed I agree that his line ups should be different.  He's perfectly fine at bullpen management most of the time and over the course of a season.  Defensive placement isn't a Scioscia thing, it's based on where that player hits the ball.  Sorry that sometimes they hit it where they ain't, but that's not a manager problem.  

You cant be serious with his bullpen management can you? He either pulls pitchers too early or leaves them in too long. I've yet to watch a game where I felt good about a pitching change hes made. Again, I'm not claiming to be an expert but I can tell you when Norris is getting lit up or cant hit the strike zone. If I can see it, Salami boy should be able to as well from 30 feet away.

Bingo. Even the most basic baseball fan can see that.

He does give the best blank stare in baseball ill give him that much. I've never seen anyone look more confused when something is called a ball.

You're so cool talking about his blank stares.  I'm sure that has a HUGE impact on the game.  

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

You cant be serious with his bullpen management can you? He either pulls pitchers too early or leaves them in too long. I've yet to watch a game where I felt good about a pitching change hes made. Again, I'm not claiming to be an expert but I can tell you when Norris is getting lit up or cant hit the strike zone. If I can see it, Salami boy should be able to as well from 30 feet away.

Yes I'm serious.  Over the course of a season he manages the bullpen pretty well. 

I get a huge kick over people who obsess about lineups and completely gloss over what a manager might be doing to keep the clubhouse intact.     it's interesting that this team hasn't quit, or lashed out, or gone to the press...    With all the injuries, and poor performances how is it there hasn't been any negativity coming out of the clubhouse?   Think that's actually where a manager shows up and makes himself be heard?   

The Houston Astros are far and away the best team in the AL, they had a sizeable lead at the deadline, made some minor moves but failed to make the impact trade people were wanting to see them make..    So what has happened since then?    Players publicly whined to the press, the team has looked awful and their 18 game lead is down to what -- 12?   The Astros are still the best team in the AL, they are still going to win the AL West but man did their clubhouse get exposed as being somewhat fragile...

Never in all those years of non Angels moves did you see a similar reaction come from the Angels clubhouse.. well other than when they made Jerry quit...   But Im sure despite all the different names and players -- none of it had to do with the fat man.  it was all because of the players.   

Just based on your comments its pretty easy to tell you know nearly nothing about the game. Carry on your conversation its a waste of time talking to you.

Ok bro.  I'm pretty sure I know the game.  I may defend Scioscia but I'm guessing most on here will at least agree I know the game.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok bro.  I'm pretty sure I know the game.  I may defend Scioscia but I'm guessing most on here will at least agree I know the game.  

Then don't blindly and ignorantly defend someone who for years has deserved to get canned. Injuries aside he makes bad decisions day in and day out. If you cant see that then you should question what you know about the game. I would.

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Just based on your comments its pretty easy to tell you know nearly nothing about the game. Carry on your conversation its a waste of time talking to you.

lol

you're the Jerry Dipoto of message board posters. 

Somebody warn cez to expect a new member on MarinersWin.com 

Blown saves are part of the game, putting the same damn reliever in the same situation to continuously blow the game...that's on him. i.e. Frieri.

Right on that team had a bad bullpen until Dipoto traded for Street and Grilli.

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Then don't blindly and ignorantly defend someone who for years has deserved to get canned. Injuries aside he makes bad decisions day in and day out. If you cant see that then you should question what you know about the game. I would.

Ok I won't.  I defend him against ignorant people who blame and give no credit.  Enjoy being that guy.  

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I get a huge kick over people who obsess about lineups and completely gloss over what a manager might be doing to keep the clubhouse intact.     it's interesting that this team hasn't quit, or lashed out, or gone to the press...    With all the injuries, and poor performances how is it there hasn't been any negativity coming out of the clubhouse?   Think that's actually where a manager shows up and makes himself be heard?   

The Houston Astros are far and away the best team in the AL, they had a sizeable lead at the deadline, made some minor moves but failed to make the impact trade people were wanting to see them make..    So what has happened since then?    Players publicly whined to the press, the team has looked awful and their 18 game lead is down to what -- 12?   The Astros are still the best team in the AL, they are still going to win the AL West but man did their clubhouse get exposed as being somewhat fragile...

Never in all those years of non Angels moves did you see a similar reaction come from the Angels clubhouse.. well other than when they made Jerry quit...   But Im sure despite all the different names and players -- none of it had to do with the fat man.  it was all because of the players.   

I remember numerous internal fights between players during the 2012 season.  

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

lol

you're the Jerry Dipoto of message board posters. 

You just won the internet...

Wtf does that even mean? Throwing out generic comments get you moderator here huh?

Jerry Dipoto thought he was the smartest guy in the room and had all the answers too.  

When have I ever defended Dipoto? He is the reason we are in this current mess. That has literally nothing to do with how Scioscia manages the pieces he has in front of him.

Well you are upset he kept Frieri in to blow saves.  Well that pen was awful and had no other arms to save the game.