• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Stanton Clears Waivers

totdprods

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Wait a year and sign Bryce ... they both hit 150 HR's at the exact same age. There are many other similarities in their career.

Bring the bromance to Anaheim and Trout will sign a extension!

IMG_2662.JPG

IMG_2664.JPG

IMG_2666.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2676.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2679.JPG

IMG_2680.JPG

i think i would literally have an out of body sexual religious experience if this happened, but it wont.  I see no scenario where the Nats let him leave. 
Ill avoid the temptation to suggest having an OF of Trout, Stanton, and Harper... or did i just do it? :)  

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

i think i would literally have an out of body sexual religious experience if this happened, but it wont.  I see no scenario where the Nats let him leave. 
Ill avoid the temptation to suggest having an OF of Trout, Stanton, and Harper... or did i just do it? :)  

No different for Arte and Trout. 

If a deal is already in place to sell the team you better believe the two sides are working closely together and Loria is not just doing this without regard for the potential buyers. 

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

1. Lead off

2. Trout

3. Harper

4. Stanton

5-9. Who give a f*ck

C'mon you know it would be:

1. Lead off

2. Trout

3. Pujols

4. Harper

5. Stanton

6-9. Who give a f*ck

31 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

And both are just great people on and off the field.

A Trout-Stanton 1-2 punch would be sick. 

And i have a feeling theyd hit it off. 

It would be interesting, too, to see what putting them together would do. You know it would kick off a competition...and it would be interesting to see stanton go somewhere with bigger home crowds, trout to play alongside another bonafide star (at his peak).

Almost same age, too. It would at worst be a ridiculous 5 or so years.

36 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No different for Arte and Trout. 

Perhaps, at the end of the day i think it all comes down to what the players want when we are talking about stars of the caliber.  The yare going to get paid regardless, so it isnt about money.   Trout is an unapologetic Philly homer, we have to fight that to keep him past the current deal.  Harper is s SW guy (Nevada) and Stanton is a SoCal native so... who knows.  I dont think any of them want to play for 500 teams though.  

A lineup with Trout, Stanton, Harper and Machado would be among the greatest of all time.

The rest of baseball would be furious. . .and that would be fun for Angel fans.

And Arte would leave the earth a very, very, very rich man instead of a very, very, very, very rich man.

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And i have a feeling theyd hit it off. 

It would be interesting, too, to see what putting them together would do. You know it would kick off a competition...and it would be interesting to see stanton go somewhere with bigger home crowds, trout to play alongside another bonafide star (at his peak).

Almost same age, too. It would at worst be a ridiculous 5 or so years.

No way in hell would Pujols still bat 4th.  There is a he'll of a difference moving Pujols down in lineup for Harper or Stanton and moving him die for Cron or Simmons.

The hysteria on Scioscia is as bad as the hysteria on Trump.

17 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Fuck that.

If the Angels had Trout Stanton and Calhoun, they will not need the two OF minor leaguers I mentioned.  There is very little chance either of those two players will ever be more than simply major league regulars.  Angels hold on to Adell who has more upside than the two traded.  And I personally could not care less if the Angels lost Ward.

So a deal like I mentioned seems defendable for the Marlins (they get three "top" Angel prospects!) but I think the Angels ultimately win that trade.

42 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Ok I will take a crack at it.

Marlins send Stanton and Gordon to the Angels.  Angels to pay $22m per year for Stanton with Marlins picking up the rest.

Angels send Ward, Jones, and Marsh to the Marlins.

Maybe if we added Calhoun and got Yelich back as well, and took on a little more money.

Adell can't be traded until the offseason I believe, but I would trade Adell + others. But again, I would only do ONE of Adell, Jones, or Marsh.

Remember, this is basically a salary dump we're talking about here. While it would be naive to think the Marlins would let Stanton (and Gordon in this scenario) go for nothing, the salary relief is the biggest part of the trade.

If they want more, I'd stay away. But I'm more on the side of building the farm than "win now".

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

By the way remember the "steep" price paid for Miguel Cabrera:  Cameron Maybin.

What are the honest chances that Jones and Marsh end up better than Cameron Maybin.  Flip a coin?

Both of them? Probably fairly low. One of them? Very good.