• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Baseball Photo Trivia

4 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Is this the only one nobody got?

Hint: He is announcing a World Series game.

I thought I guessed Lindsey Nelson yesterday but I can't find the post..

so Lindsey Nelson?

Probably the 69 Miracle Mets...a year that would live in infamy for Cubs fans. 

4 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

He got more than a few hits with this grip.

15542270_10153932572697191_3941988964023

Ty Cobb..I'm reading a new book about him. 2014 Casey Award winner as best baseball book.

TY COBB..A Terrible Beauty, By Charles Leerhsen. Dispels much of the rhetoric that's been perpetrated about the man for so long. Very highly recommend. The author spent many, many, years researching it.

Cobb would re-grip as the situation and pitch dictated, but he always came to the plate with that split grip, and most of his hits came from that grip. Honus Wagner used it also, and he was pretty good at baseball too.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

One of the guys looks like Christy Mathewson, but I don't remember him ever playing football.

Humorous side note: LB State has a pitcher by the name of Chris Mathewson.

Mathewson, top row in the middle, with the Pittsburgh Stars in 1902. He was also pitching for the Giants at the time.