• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday: 8/10 Angels vs Mariners

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

So it is a wash, 6 in one hand and 1/2 dozen in the other.

Also a better chance of at least 1 man on when coming to the plate. 2 players with a .350+ OBP would be perfect especially if they were fast runners, batting 1 and 2 in front of Trout.

And that's the point. Where are the two 350 OBP's of which you speak? At this point Trout can either be the RBI man with runners on or take the walk, steal 2nd, and give 3 and 4 two chances to get him home. No need adding outs to the equation before he even gets to hit

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

He's still touching 94-95mph.   But being flat with his pitches does him no good.   Billy Koch threw 100mph for the A'th in the early 2000s, and straight as an arrow.

No wonder teams showed little interest in Norris, even before the meltdown started on July 25.

Yup.  Hard throwing guys that can't locate or command.  Frieri, Jepsen, Walden....

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

they did the same to us.  we used the best we had to get that win.  CGSO from Nolasco tomorrow.  said no one ever.  

Diaz threw 28 pitches and lost the game. Parker threw 10 pitches and Bedrock threw 14 in a win. I think we still came out ahead in that exchange 

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok Troll, tell me why bringing Bud was a good decision.  A decision based on any kind of strategy.  A decision based on helping the team increase its chances of winning.  Explain any of that too me.

"It was a shrewd managerial decision to revitalize his team's offense and drive up the team's confidence the rest of the series"  -- TD

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok troll, then you can't say he managed a good game.  Because you are basing it after the fact. He fucked up, plain and simple.  He brought in our worst reliever in the heart of the lineup late in the game against a team we are chasing.  He made the worst decision he could have made.  

And he made up the lineup that netted us 6 runs and the win. 

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok Troll, tell me why bringing Bud was a good decision.  A decision based on any kind of strategy.  A decision based on helping the team increase its chances of winning.  Explain any of that too me.

May I? 

Before tonight, Segura had a career .083 BA in his career vs Norris. 

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I wish Mike Scioscia was a stat guy instead of an enamored-with-gritty-veterans-who-can't-perform-anymore kind of guy.

Of course you do, until the stats don't work.  For example, last night, I am as pissed as anyone that he brought in Bud Norris.  Then of course Lou does what Lou does and points out that Norris DOMINATES Segura.  So wouldn't having him face Segura be the stat like thing to do?  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Of course you do, until the stats don't work.  For example, last night, I am as pissed as anyone that he brought in Bud Norris.  Then of course Lou does what Lou does and points out that Norris DOMINATES Segura.  So wouldn't having him face Segura be the stat like thing to do?  

Again...his career stats are mostly irrelevant given his recent performance. And again, Pujols has great career stats so he should definitely bat third based on that.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I was talking more about the obsession with Pujols and other underperforming veterans through the years.

10 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Segura hadn't gotten a hit off him in 5 years and was 0-2 with a K this year. That's as good a bet as any if you think he's going to regain any usefulness this year. Why he stayed to pitch to Cano and Cruz is the real question

Let's not forget Corey's brother who is a LH bat with power.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

May I? 

In the two weeks before tonight Bud Norris had completely shit the bed. 

Also, something about Pujols as a reference for using career stats.

Weak. It's pitcher vs batter, not career vs career. 

Every time a RP comes into a game they note how they've done vs the batter he will be facing. People do that here all the time. 

He asked for a reason, he got one. 

31 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You mean state facts? 

Yeah, it's become a bad habit of mine 

Trout is still the greatest. I felt confident when he came up with the bases juiced that he'd deliver. Imagine being that pitcher with the bases juiced and you have to face quite possibly the best player to have ever walked the earth? lol Probably should have just walked in a run to keep us up 1 only then let Albert do his thing. I know this would never happen to give a team a lead.