• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Anyone planning to see the total solar eclipse? (August 21)

our school bought special sunglasses for watchinig the eclipse. we're all headed outside around 10:15 to watch.

it's conveniently happening on the first day of school, so this should add to the overall calmness of the day.

6 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Get ready for the possibility of horrible traffic. 30-mile backup near Prineville, wherever the hell that is.

Some gas stations are running out of fuel. An absolute mess.

http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article167718217.html

Argh. We were hoping by leaving a little earlier to miss some of that mess. We do have food and water. Didn't think about gas. Dumb ass on my part. 

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

Argh. We were hoping by leaving a little earlier to miss some of that mess. We do have food and water. Didn't think about gas. Dumb ass on my part. 

Well, that traffic described above might not be anywhere near where you're going. Don't lose hope. Just try to find out conditions on the highways you're taking.

Drive up to Oregon wasn't too bad...but can see crowds starting to grow in evening. Lots of folks banking on...making some bank. Offering parking spots for $100 or rv parking with no hookups for $1000. Condo across the way is offering 1500 for Sunday/Monday. I'm assuming that includes parking which appears to be the biggest challenge folks are going to have. 

On 8/9/2017 at 8:02 AM, OregonLAA said:

Yep. It's smokey up here too and there was lightning last night so it could get worse

That was mentioned on Weather Nation this evening, that the smoke might cause some issues even if there is no cloud cover.

My boss is going to Idaho to try to catch it. He lives in the Reno/Carson City area, so it's a bit shorter trip than it would be for me. I'm going to content myself with the 70-75 percent that we are projected to get here.

are there large gatherings in other places around the country? i've only heard about oregon.

friend of mine and her husband just arrived there earlier today. she posted hotel prices for some of the rooms still available, and they were all over a thousand a night. good to see people not taking advantage of this...

So far it's been fairly quiet. Lots of places over priced the run up and it was hyped as Armageddon so they have had smaller crowds than a normal summer weekend. 

Crowds are picking up today, still going to be a zoo, but we walked in to a a few restaurants and they've the last couple of days and they've been half empty. 

20 hours ago, Tank said:

are there large gatherings in other places around the country? i've only heard about oregon.

I'm guessing that a lot of the crowds are going to be in the south and the midwest, since totality passes near several major metropolitan areas, i. e., Omaha, Kansas City, St. Louis, Nashville, Atlanta and Charleston.

whole-us.jpg

8 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

For those who cannot make it outside, A KNX reporter will broadcasting from Oregon.

well, that should make for some riveting radio.

"well, bob, it's getting a little darker. and now a little more darker, and now even more darker. wait a minute, now it's getting brighter, and a little more brighter . . ."

Whole lotta people along the coast of Oregon are upset...crowds are less than a normal summer weekend. Vacancy signs popping up in hotels that were trying to charge exhorbinant amounts. Central Oregon is supposedly crazy...but along the coast we can walk in to a restaurant and have a group of 10 seated without wait. 

I'm in Oregon, about 80 miles South of where the 100% zone is. Yesterday drove up to Eugene for an appointment. 80% of the cars heading North had California license plates. 90% of the RV's did. We're going to get 97% where I'm at. Not going anywhere near I-5 tomorrow.

8 hours ago, gurn67 said:

I'm in Oregon, about 80 miles South of where the 100% zone is. Yesterday drove up to Eugene for an appointment. 80% of the cars heading North had California license plates. 90% of the RV's did. We're going to get 97% where I'm at. Not going anywhere near I-5 tomorrow.

90% in Tennessee where I'm at....supposedly a madhouse on I-40 with out of staters....I have glasses so I'm just going to look from the office.