• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Which Pujols scenario do you predict within three years?

14 hours ago, Stradling said:

No way in hell should they DFA the guy.  I get it, he isn't performing, but DFAing is the wrong choice.  Put him on the bench or bat him 9th. He will retire rather than sit on the bench.  

Although an eventual DFA might make the most logical sense on the surface, I agree with Stradling  that he will never be DFA'd because it would be a very bad PR move.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Are you a rocket scientist or not? The Angels are worth $1.75 billion dollars. Pujols would only qualify for minority ownership at best.

Currently his total income, not including endorsements would reach $230 million over the span of his career. Now deduct taxes, expenses, agent fees, money he already spent and even with the best investment advice he is barely going to reach that 1/4 billion mark. A nice down payment but he isn't going to get a loan for the other $1.5 billion with no other assests or source of income. 

He's made multimillionaire money in a multibillionaire world. He's not buying the team as a majority owner in five years.

Yep, Magic Johnson, he isn't.   If Pujols can develop business acumen and build his wealth that way, like Johnson did, then MAYBE he could become a solid minority stake owner.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

He needs about 80 hits to get to 3000, he will get 30 or so more hits this year.  I could see him announcing next year as his last.  Only problem with that is what if he has a season ending injury before he gets to 3000?  I'm guessing he'd come back again to start another season.  

If staying healthy enough in 2018, #3000 should come easily for him, even if being a part-time player from now on.   100 at bats the rest of this season plus 300 at bats the following season would mean only needing to hit around .200 from now through 2018 to achieve the milestone.

22 hours ago, Stradling said:

No way in hell should they DFA the guy.  I get it, he isn't performing, but DFAing is the wrong choice.  Put him on the bench or bat him 9th. He will retire rather than sit on the bench.  

If this was a baseball only decision he isn't worth a spot on the 25 man roster. If we carry 12 pitchers that would mean we only have 2 position players on the bench that can play the field (excluding backup catcher)? You cray cray. 

8 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Yep, Magic Johnson, he isn't.   If Pujols can develop business acumen and build his wealth that way, like Johnson did, then MAYBE he could become a solid minority stake owner.

I dont even know how much of a businessman magic is, at least at the beginning. It was more, IMO, magic being magic...ie, the guy is likeable as hell, and was able to charm other people to invest with him, and he built an empire.

Pujols isnt magic by any stretch (very few are).

17 hours ago, Blarg said:

Are you a rocket scientist or not? The Angels are worth $1.75 billion dollars. Pujols would only qualify for minority ownership at best.

Currently his total income, not including endorsements would reach $230 million over the span of his career. Now deduct taxes, expenses, agent fees, money he already spent and even with the best investment advice he is barely going to reach that 1/4 billion mark. A nice down payment but he isn't going to get a loan for the other $1.5 billion with no other assests or source of income. 

He's made multimillionaire money in a multibillionaire world. He's not buying the team as a majority owner in five years.

16 hours ago, ettin said:

Blarg I clearly stated in the original that he could come in as either a minority owner or possibly a full owner at some point down the line. Not sure why it got your hair raised up in the original response but your insight into his personal finances is the issue here. You don't know what he has or doesn't have so why are you pretending like you do?

I'm simply pointing out that this is a possibility at some future point. Yes he may not have the money at that future point to buy the team outright but until you produce his tax records and sources of income stating unequivocally that he doesn't have the money to be a minority or full owner is a stretch. To think that Albert hasn't invested or built his income up through other sources seems odd to me.

You may be right he may not have the cash to buy the team. But maybe he does. That is my point, you don't know (and neither do I). Moreno himself has taken the value he invested in the Angels (what was it like $200 something million?) and turned it into $1.75B in just a short 15 year span? I never said five years you put those words out there not me. I clearly stated that Pujols 10 year personal services contract would be a potential bridge to ownership. Nothing more nothing less.

You have your opinion about it and I have mine. You feel it is absolutely impossible for him to buy a majority share or the entire team. I'm saying it's not impossible. My original statement said he could be a minority owner or possibly buy the team and I stand by that as it was my opinion that minority ownership is very achievable for Pujols and possibly more.

My only point back to you was how do you know what Pujols can or cannot do financially. Looking back I could have phrased it better because it sounds a bit snarky so I apologize if it sounded like a personal attack.

13 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

albert pujols net worth is 110 million dollars.

magic johnson  is 600 million.

blarg is on point with this.

On 8/7/2017 at 5:21 PM, Farmbuildingfan said:

A. Pujos will have retired on his own, accepting his decline.

B. The Angels release him because his value has been minimal, hence eating some of his contract.

C The Angels remove him from the roster, but give him a job on the staff

D. He is still hitting behind Trout despite a sub .200 average and on pace for 10 HRs

E He stays on the roster with the above stats, but is a part time player hitting 7th or later.

I'll take A and C.  He'll probably take it hard at first like any all-time great.   Bless him, he's team-oriented and is doing his best, but there's no way he can follow Trout in the lineup with a sub-.235 average and not run the team into outs.

No one is at fault.  It just happens.  

So do any of you really think Pujols might be concerned with his lifetime BA dropping below .300? It sounds like it should happen around the same time he gets his 3,000th hit if he continues as he has been. I hope he's secretly keeping a close eye on his lifetime BA and will consider hanging it up when it hits .300 exactly.

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

albert pujols net worth is 110 million dollars.

magic johnson  is 600 million.

blarg is on point with this.

In my original post I stated very clearly "The 10-year personal services contract, in my opinion, was designed to bring him into the fold of front office work and management. It would not surprise me in the least to see Arte bring him in as a minority owner eventually, possibly a full owner." Blarg chose to focus on the last four words of that statement and without providing any proof that in 10 years he will somehow know where Pujols stands financially (let me give you a hint: No one does). In hindsight, my reply back to him was snarky and I will apologize for that because re-reading it, it came off that way, so sorry @Blarg. However choosing to focus on only one part of what I said pulls everything out of context. I never definitively said that Pujols will be the full owner of the team I was making a half-joking reply to the original poster I responded to about making fun of Albert too much. I do feel that Moreno will try to groom Albert for possible ownership, whether minority or more, when he begins serving out that 10-year deal. I'll also remind you all again that Moreno himself bought this team for $184M and now it is worth, per Forbes, $1.75 billion, a nearly 9.5x increase in a 15 year period. Pujols can grow his money too (or lose it for that matter) so yes it will be a real challenge for him to become full owner, particularly 10 years out from now when the franchise will be worth even more. It is not impossible though either and speaking in absolutes is not a wise thing to do as well.

1 hour ago, ettin said:

In my original post I stated very clearly "The 10-year personal services contract, in my opinion, was designed to bring him into the fold of front office work and management. It would not surprise me in the least to see Arte bring him in as a minority owner eventually, possibly a full owner." Blarg chose to focus on the last four words of that statement and without providing any proof that in 10 years he will somehow know where Pujols stands financially (let me give you a hint: No one does). In hindsight, my reply back to him was snarky and I will apologize for that because re-reading it, it came off that way, so sorry @Blarg. However choosing to focus on only one part of what I said pulls everything out of context. I never definitively said that Pujols will be the full owner of the team I was making a half-joking reply to the original poster I responded to about making fun of Albert too much. I do feel that Moreno will try to groom Albert for possible ownership, whether minority or more, when he begins serving out that 10-year deal. I'll also remind you all again that Moreno himself bought this team for $184M and now it is worth, per Forbes, $1.75 billion, a nearly 9.5x increase in a 15 year period. Pujols can grow his money too (or lose it for that matter) so yes it will be a real challenge for him to become full owner, particularly 10 years out from now when the franchise will be worth even more. It is not impossible though either and speaking in absolutes is not a wise thing to do as well.

i can absolutely guarantee you that pujols will never make more money than he did as a player, of course my guarantee is worth as much as my opinion.

i don't disagree with you that he could be allowed a token ownership as part of the personal services relationship, but albert will never come close to the kind of scratch that billionaires require to join their club. your point about arte's purchase price vs. current value only serves as a counter argument to your point, even the weakest franchises would sell for way over their projected value. look at the nba or the marlins.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

What would you leave 30 million a year on the table for? I can't think of many. The guy can buy new robotic legs when its all said and done.

I cant speak for him (obviously), but you cant look at it from the view of you and me. Hes already beyond rich, with guaranteed money (a lot less) after baseball is over for 10 years.

It comes down to if the extra money is worth the next 4 years being ridiculed and embarrassed in public, with a fsst sinking reputation.

Maybe it is worth it to him? I cant say. 

15 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I cant speak for him (obviously), but you cant look at it from the view of you and me. Hes already beyond rich, with guaranteed money (a lot less) after baseball is over for 10 years.

It comes down to if the extra money is worth the next 4 years being ridiculed and embarrassed in public, with a fsst sinking reputation.

Maybe it is worth it to him? I cant say. 

I'm literally been saying this for years.  He already has generational money.  The people saying he won't walk away from the money are projecting.