• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Which Pujols scenario do you predict within three years?

A. Pujos will have retired on his own, accepting his decline.

B. The Angels release him because his value has been minimal, hence eating some of his contract.

C The Angels remove him from the roster, but give him a job on the staff

D. He is still hitting behind Trout despite a sub .200 average and on pace for 10 HRs

E He stays on the roster with the above stats, but is a part time player hitting 7th or later.

A. -> No later than after the 2019 season, and they will pay him as scheduled through 2020 and Bonilla his 2021 salary over say 5-7 years.   2021 is important because both Trout and Simmons are currently scheduled to be FAs after the 2020 season.   Bonillaing that 2021 Pujols salary frees up some $18 million from the 2020 AAV payroll, although adding some $6 million per season to AAV payroll beyond 2021.  

Doesn't Pujols have another 10 years of contract with the Angels after his playing days are over? Like as an exec or in management? If thats true, I think he may retire sooner than his playing years suppose to go, and start his 10 year after-playing-days position offered by the Angels- therefore I would vote for A, since thats the closest to this scenario, with, but the understanding that he would then start his new position.

11 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

The Pujols threads and discussions haven't declined at all since calzone was banned. Bring him back.

#freecalzone

Yet in other threads we actually have discussions now, without them being derailed with his agenda.  By the way, read what Chuck wrote, Claude is free to post, he's choosing not too. 

Only way Pujols retires (baring further injury) is if his career average is in danger of going below .300, hes at .3059 now.  If he gets 450 at bats each of the next two years and hits an average of .230, his career average will dip below .300 (.299253).  

20 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

F. His legs and feet actually crumble and disintegrate while running out a GIDP, but he gets prosthetic limbs and continues to fulfill his contractual obligations to the very best of his declining ability. 

I know you mean that jokingly, but i dont think its all that far fetched. Hes breaking down, fast. I dont in any way see him holding on another 4 years.

I think its possible he walks away. I think its very posssible he retires with a nagging injury, and we have to pay him. Either way, i dont see him here in 2 years, tops.

I hope Lou doesnt bump this in 2020. For all our sakes.

I've been saying all along that I believe he will choose to retire early if his production continues to decline.  He is too proud and thinks too highly of his legacy to allow this suckage to continue.  He's in too much pain and at some point, it will be too much.  He's already made quite of bit of money, so financially set for life.

If he continues to decline like he has been then 2019 or 2020 is his last stand. Pujols' himself said that if he can't play the game anymore to a level that he feels he is contributing then he will retire. He is a professional baseball player and I have no reason to doubt the man's word.

I'd also be careful of how much you bag on him he may be the Angels owner in a few years. The 10-year personal services contract, in my opinion, was designed to bring him into the fold of front office work and management. It would not surprise me in the least to see Arte bring him in as a minority owner eventually, possibly a full owner.

7 minutes ago, ettin said:

If he continues to decline like he has been then 2019 or 2020 is his last stand. Pujols' himself said that if he can't play the game anymore to a level that he feels he is contributing then he will retire. He is a professional baseball player and I have no reason to doubt the man's word.

I'd also be careful of how much you bag on him he may be the Angels owner in a few years. The 10-year personal services contract, in my opinion, was designed to bring him into the fold of front office work and management. It would not surprise me in the least to see Arte bring him in as a minority owner eventually, possibly a full owner.

I can't wait!  Arroz con pollo day at the stadium!

32 minutes ago, ettin said:

The Angels are worth far more than Pujols could possibly drum up to be even a majority owner let alone buy the team outright. 

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

None of the above

F. He comes back next season thirty pounds lighter and becomes David Ortiz 2.0

David Ortiz never had an offensive season that was anywhere near as bad as the one that Pujols is currently having, though.  His worst year was when he was 33, and seems like more of a fluky down year than anything else at this point.

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The Angels are worth far more than Pujols could possibly drum up to be even a majority owner let alone buy the team outright. 

Wait Blarg are you Albert's accountant? Sorry I didn't know that.

2018 - Albert will still hit 4th or 5th until late in the season. 

2019 - Pujols moves down in the order as he rightfully should. 

2020 - Becomes the first player-coach in many years.  Pujols will serve as hitting coach (with another as well) but also be available for late inning pinch hitting and spot starts. 

2021 - Pujols will retire from playing and take a job in the front office.

2023 - Pujols serves as guest instructor during Spring Training and hints that he may look to own, manage or be a general manager in the future. 

2024 - Pujols returns to Angels as bench coach.

2025 - Pujols takes over as manager of the Angels.