• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hey Bud...

Chuck

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

It's not a ban as he can read the board, more like a restriction. He can post, but his posts have to be approved first. 

If he's game to change his angle here the restriction will be lifted. 

We have this back and forth conversation many times over messages in the past. This wasn't a gut reaction to restrict his access and it had nothing to do with Stadling or any other Mod's decision. I take full responsibility for restricting his access here. 

Boundaries are a dying concept in today's "I want"world. 

9 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Lol

wait, what happened with AO?

Before you came along AO would ban himself quite often.  He'd get so worked up that he would ban himself for a week, that turned into a month, which turned into "the rest of the season".  The rest of the season happened in 2014, and he renigged on that one.  

It started like this: Angels fall behind by a run or two late in the game, AO would go all AO and say, "if by some miracle this team comes back and wins I'll ban myself for a week".  Team would come back and win.  It lead to AO totally losing his shit, and you'd literally see him go for the self ban in games where Shoemaker gives up 2 runs in the top of the first.  

At the time I assumed he was clinically insane (now I know he is).  Because I'm an asshole in 2014 when he did his rest of the season ban and the Angels won, he renigged and came back, I think when they clinched, I wanted Chuck to force him to stay self banned.  I think it was 2015 when he stopped self banning.  

@Angel Oracle, it might be time to consider a self ban for the greater good.  

It's obvious that Bud is toast but it's equally obvious that our entire bullpen is in flames and we don't have anyone else to take his place as closer.

That said, someone has to take his place as closer. At least give us some false hope.

1 minute ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

My question is why does Iron Mike continue to think he can use Norris in a multi inning save situation????...... 

Fool me once shame on me, Fool me a boat load of times fire my ass I'm lousy!

It starts with each arm he went to in the pen gave up runs.  

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

Before you came along AO would ban himself quite often.  He'd get so worked up that he would ban himself for a week, that turned into a month, which turned into "the rest of the season".  The rest of the season happened in 2014, and he renigged on that one.  

It started like this: Angels fall behind by a run or two late in the game, AO would go all AO and say, "if by some miracle this team comes back and wins I'll ban myself for a week".  Team would come back and win.  It lead to AO totally losing his shit, and you'd literally see him go for the self ban in games where Shoemaker gives up 2 runs in the top of the first.  

At the time I assumed he was clinically insane (now I know he is).  Because I'm an asshole in 2014 when he did his rest of the season ban and the Angels won, he renigged and came back, I think when they clinched, I wanted Chuck to force him to stay self banned.  I think it was 2015 when he stopped self banning.  

@Angel Oracle, it might be time to consider a self ban for the greater good.  

Ahh, the fun old days

Self-bans suck, even if they benefit the Halos.

Now a ban of Norris from closing games?   Sounds good to me.

21 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Because he's rode them all hard and put them away wet!.... How is Dane DeLaRosa doing or any number of bully arms over the last 10 seasons?  When he finds one he turns em and burns em.

I respect you but no, this is not true.  He had to rely on his pen this year because the starters were incapable of going 7 innings.

On 8/7/2017 at 11:59 AM, Stradling said:

I respect you but no, this is not true.  He had to rely on his pen this year because the starters were incapable of going 7 innings.

But, now just a few weeks ago a couple of you guys were saying that we only needed pitchers to go 5 innings so we could use our bullpen..... Now you are seeing why that doesn't work!

1. Bud Norris Career high in Appearances. (2 months and a week left in the 2017 season)

2. Blake Parker Career high in Appearances. (2 months and a week left in the 2017 season)

3. Yusmeiro Petit 3 appearances away from a Career high in Appearances. (2 months and a week left in the 2017 season)

4. David Hernandez was the only one that hadn't hit the Appearances....His high was 74 and he was half way there in 2.6 months by the time he was traded.

And before you say well, some of these guys were starters. Exactly, It's a different arm makeup and mental aspect. You need to get loose in 10-14 pitches (Ex. I was 15 and hot good to go! included 3-4 flips back to the rubber and 1 behind it) If you aren't used to it. You wear down. It happens. And that doesn't include how many times they get up and get loose and sit back down and get cold....

Yes, part of the issue is that the starters haven't been able to last longer than 4-5-6 innings. But, on the same side Sven has a very quick hook sometimes and doesn't allow them to get out of it, get pounded, or work through it and sometimes you need to get lit up like a pinball machine and take one for the team.

This comes back to the Starter acquisitions in (Nolasco and Chavez weren't the best) Sure we got Meyer out of the deal with Nolasco and he has upside. But, he also has a history of injuries.