• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fill Out The Line-Up Card!

I saw some "Simmons should hit leadoff" posts yesterday and was just curious to see what everyone's lineups would be given our roster. Since Maybin should be back right away we can include him as well. 

Mine would go...

1. Revere - LF/DH

2. Calhoun - RF

3. Trout - CF

4. Escobar - 3B

5. Simmons - SS

6. Valbuena/Cron - 1B

7. Cowart - 2B

8. Maldonado - C

9. Maybin - DH/LF

This by no means is a bash Pujols thread I just simply wouldn't include him. Yes, I realize there would never be a time when he wasn't in the lineup but this is a "what would you do" game.

If it was entirely up to me I would do this:

Maybin - LF

Trout- CF

Simmons- SS

Cron- 1B

Escobar- 3B

Calhoun- RF

Maldonado- C

Cowart- 2B

Revere- DH

Personally I like Trout batting second.  I like the Speed in most parts of that line up.  If Calhoun was having a normal year he would be batting 3rd or 4th.  I think my line up is way to right handed heavy 1-5, but Kole has had a bad year, Revere I prefer at the #9 spot, and I am not ready to give Cowart top of the order at bats.  The reason for Maybin up top instead of Revere is simple ability to draw a walk. 

11 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I like that one. Only thing I would switch is Cowart and Maldonado but that's just being nit picky.

I didn't switch it because I didn't want Kole and Cowart back to back because of the lefty-lefty component.  However I overlooked that with Cowart and Revere because I like the old Scioscia line ups where he had speed in the #9 hole as it would reset the offense.  I know that Cowart is a switch hitter but he just looks so good so far from the left side that I have to think that is his strong side. 

2 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

This by no means is a bash Pujols thread I just simply wouldn't include him. Yes, I realize there would never be a time when he wasn't in the lineup but this is a "what would you do" game.

Yeah man -- I don't think it's coming across like that.   Those two games in the NL are going to get him a lot more rope unfortunately.  I'm not an Albert hater but he's been bad all year.  I know he's supposedly healthy and all that -- but to me he looks like a guy that hasn't been right all year.  I had said I hoped they would shut him down and tell him to get healthier and in better baseball shape..   Don't think we will see that after his mini-hot streak in Philly.

Conversely -- I'm not a Revere fan, I hate empty batting averages and really, that's all Revere brings to the table but he's been hot and they need to ride that out IMO.  Revere/Maybin both add speed to the lineup ..  I know people love the long ball and all that but this team has played it best ball this year when those two have been running around and making crap happen.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I didn't switch it because I didn't want Kole and Cowart back to back because of the lefty-lefty component.  However I overlooked that with Cowart and Revere because I like the old Scioscia line ups where he had speed in the #9 hole as it would reset the offense.  I know that Cowart is a switch hitter but he just looks so good so far from the left side that I have to think that is his strong side. 

Cowart has only had 1 or 2 AB from the right side. In AAA he has always had a higher BA from the right side, but he has more power from the left. There are more RHP so he is always going to be batting left handed more often, but he still hits very well right handed.

Right .352/.442/.489/.931 - 2HR - 88 AB

Left  .297/.362/.480/.843/ - 10HR - 279 AB

Why do you guys like cowart at leadoff? Im not saying that to disagree, i think ive seen one at bat from him so far. But i thought the knock on him is he doesnt get on base? 

I know hes hot right now (small sample), but is it something in his minors performance thats making you think that?

Again, im not disagreeing, im asking because i have no clue what the predictions on him are.

Speed Kills......... Release the Rabbits!

1. LF - Maybin --- Speed on top

2. DH - Revere ---- Slappy hit n run   1st & 3rd chances He will receive a ton of fastballs. As they try to throw out Maybin. And the Lefty gives a little protection to Maybin

3. CF - Trout ----- Duh MVP

4. RF - Calhoun ----- Pull hitter and oppo gap power

5. SS - Simmons ---- Has been hitting very well to the opposite field 

6. 2B - Cowart ---- A little switch hitting gap.

7. 1B - Cron/Valbuena ---- Hide a power threat/K's guy

8. 3B - Escobar ----- Hopefully Escobar can drive in Simmons/Cowart

9. C - Maldonado ---- Just worry about catching! Anything here is gravy