• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Climate Change Horror Stories

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I love that we're all gonna keep pretending climate change is a thing. 

I mean it is. 

There's hysteria over it for sure, but denying it exists entirely is an interesting position to take. 

No, California and Florida will not be underwater in 10 years or whatever the fuck. But the 4 hottest days ever recorded happened in July. They broke the record set in July...of last year. I'm gonna guess this trend will continue and you know fat dudes don't do well with heat, man. It's fucking swamp ass right out the door. 

But I digress.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

you should have tagged taylor and greta because i don't think the rest of us are buying into any of it. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean it is.

True.  The high is going to be 97 tomorrow and only 71 on Thursday. 

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

True.  The high is going to be 97 tomorrow and only 71 on Thursday. 

That's called the "weather". 

We're talking about "climate".

Hope that helps!

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

That's called the "weather". 

We're talking about "climate".

Hope that helps!

If you don't think weather impacts the climate, I don't know what to tell you

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean it is. 

There's hysteria over it for sure, but denying it exists entirely is an interesting position to take. 

No, California and Florida will not be underwater in 10 years or whatever the fuck. But the 4 hottest days ever recorded happened in July. They broke the record set in July...of last year. I'm gonna guess this trend will continue and you know fat dudes don't do well with heat, man. It's fucking swamp ass right out the door. 

But I digress.

So yes we are

25 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Man kind is doing an experiment. It took millions of years to form fossil fuels. Man is going to burn it off in 200 years

Oh, so now it's 200 years? 

20 years ago Al Gore said we had two decades.  In the 90's they said 10. In the 80's they said 5. 

Hard to take any of these "predictions" seriously when:

1) They're always wrong

2) The goalposts never stop moving

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean it is. 

But I digress.

The 4 hottest days they have on record going back less than a century.  They started tracking weather about 150 years ago but meteorological records go back less than a century so they don't have daily records for highs and lows going back too far.  For the record I have no doubts what we do impacts the planet and I'm all for doing better within reason but if it's not a team effort across the planet, i.e. China and India getting on board it really won't matter.

Every fourth game Wayne Randazzo gives us some silly stat like, "Nolan Schanuel is the first Angels player to have 7 consecutive games with a walk and a run scored." Then he will cite that Apple Cider McKenzie held that record going back to 1902 for the Brooklyn Superbas in the National league or some such crap.

When it comes to Earth's temperatures there are definitely melinium long time periods the earth was hotter and swamped than TDawgs underwear during a jog on a summers day. There are also melinia when the Earth cooled to an ice house. Humans didn't exist.

We may or may not have any impact on what they are calling climate change. But using such a small sample size of temperature fluctuations as the basis of theory of climate change seems as silly as Schanuel accomplishing something in a 7 game stretch that really has no relevance to the Angels overall record. 

Or, I could be wrong and running my air conditioner is going to be the last tipping point of ozone depletion and we will have about 12 minutes before the suns radiation cooks us all.

if that happens then let it be tomorrow if the Yankees roll off to a big lead in the double header, because, fuck the Yankees.

climate change became such a political issue that it's hard to see it as anything other than an item on a very large political agenda. 

the knuckleheads for "stop oil" aren't doing any favors for their point of view. 

john stossel did a story about the paris climate accords that's well done and worth a look. 

44 minutes ago, Tank said:

climate change became such a political issue that it's hard to see it as anything other than an item on a very large political agenda. 

the knuckleheads for "stop oil" aren't doing any favors for their point of view. 

john stossel did a story about the paris climate accords that's well done and worth a look. 

This guy is weird put him and Alex Jones top of class as nut cases. 

Climate change is obviously real. Climate change causes and catalysts are up for debate but politicians loathe the idea that something could be proven one way or the other thus being removed from the list of shit thewy can blame on the other side. In short, if D.C. were to incinerate due to climate chamge or any other cause, life would go on

4 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

This guy is weird put him and Alex Jones top of class as nut cases. 

you couldn't be more wrong. stossel is well spoken and objective. he's well regarded. 

he's also a libertarian in case anyone is interested.