• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2017 Angels Trade Deadline Thread

DMVol

I'm looking for anything on this kid. Last year there was this write up on him from a d-back prospects site:
"Luis Madero, RHP: the Venzuelan righty has proven effective in the DSL and AZL in his first two professional seasons, striking out plenty and limiting the walks with a career ERA of 2.52 over his first 121.2 innings. He’ll face a tougher test in the Pioneer League, which isn’t generally unfriendly to pitchers. He’s been tough for hitters to square up to date and, at 6’3″ and 175-pounds, he may start become a real prospect for the organization with a strong showing. He’ll be adding a sinker this season after consulting with Freddy Garcia over the winter."
http://insidethezona.com/2016/06/diamondbacks-top-draft-picks-debut-d-backs-minor-league-hops-osprey-dsl-azl-northwest-pioneer-league/

I mean...Eppy has an eye for pitchers, but it feels unlikely that he will have any kind of impact within the Trout window.

18 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Who is going to want Norris....... The guy is a meh closer! And you sure don't want to bring him in during the middle of an inning cause he just mentally becomes exposed. Without looking at the stats I watch the games.... He is maybe hitting Maldonado's target 50% of the time.

He had enough success this year, before this past week, that I'm sure teams would like to have him....they just aren't going to give up much for him...

Just now, red321 said:

Stop getting your panties in a friggen wad everytime someone doesn't slob your nob over an idea.

There's a reason why "outside the box" thinking is outside the box in some cases. If you don't want to read/listen to why such a deal is unlikely at the July deadline...ok, that's your gig man...but stop thinking it's some sort of board conspiracy against your unacknowledged brilliance.

Whatever dude your the one who made it personal with the martyr crap and insults.   Take your own advise and dont read me, problem solved.    

I like this reply from the MLB Trade Rumors post......

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

da65e3726882a4c8cc0477bb75be3558?s=80&d=hiflyer000

3 hours ago

Considering the pupu platters rental arms have gotten so far this trade deadline I wouldn’t expect much more beyond a used jock strap and half eaten bag of Big League Chew.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Alright!!!! W H O  is this in HERE???????....... I would admit to it.......But, not me!

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

We got Hernandez for nothing, so who cares what we get in return?  Madero is a shot in the dark.  I'm ok with that.

Same here, and Eppler has impressed with his eye for arms. 

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

a semi-positive spin?  

are you feeling ok?  

someone send the cops to JP's house.  

Ha.  Say what you will, but I've been suggesting all along that they should dump their relievers for literally anything another team will offer.  The vast majority of the bullpen was picked up off of the scrap heap, and wasn't controllable past this loss of a season, anyway.