• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2017 Angels Trade Deadline Thread

DMVol

Bummer - Eppler was right To try to build a team that'd be easy to sell this deadline for a rebuild but nothing worked out. Our rotation was injured to the point where we couldn't easily sell Nolasco or Chavez without straining our young arms, Maybin got hurt, and Espinosa and Revere failed to become productive enough to interest anyone, but the biggest damage came from the rental market totally bottoming out. I don't think anyone expected MLB vet rentals to cost so little, and that's really where Billy was banking to find some success this July.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Bummer - Eppler was right To try to build a team that'd be easy to sell this deadline for a rebuild but nothing worked out. Our rotation was injured to the point where we couldn't easily sell Nolasco or Chavez without straining our young arms, Maybin got hurt, and Espinosa and Revere failed to become productive enough to interest anyone, but the biggest damage came from the rental market totally bottoming out. I don't think anyone expected MLB vet rentals to cost so little, and that's really where Billy was banking to find some success this July. 

If only it was like that in 2012.   The Halos would still likely have Segura.

We could see rental prices rise in August actually - not because those trades will become more valuable this year, but simply because they the July rental cost was so low, even the previous August standards maybe higher. 

We will have a leg up in that we may still have a ton of secondary pieces we can sell off in coming weeks. Obviously, we would need the waiver claim order to work in our process, but we have many players that will still be beneficial for contending teams.

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

We could see rental prices rise in August actually - not because those trades will become more valuable this year, but simply because they the July rental cost was so low, even the previous August standards maybe higher. 

We will have a leg up in that we may still have a ton of secondary pieces we can sell off in coming weeks. Obviously, we would need the waiver claim order to work in our process, but we have many players that will still be beneficial for contending teams.

I am holding out hope.   Because they ain't going to the post-season.  Next deadline = 31 days from now.  

Just hope we get more than a struggling low minors pitcher then. 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

I am holding out hope.   Because they ain't going to the post-season.  Next deadline = 31 days from now.  

Just hope we get more than a struggling low minors pitcher then. 

Never know - Rangers and Twins should shake loose ahead of us now. Orioles were only team around us that added. I'm not fully sold this is that good of a team but I'm not ready to give up on the year.

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

So basically, we got a guy who may or may not pan out in the majors and probably won't pitch for us for the next several years.

And that's it.

Sounds like the typical Angels trade-deadline story.

fixed

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

So basically, we got a guy who may or may not pan out in the majors and probably won't pitch for us for the next several years.

And that's it.

Sounds like the typical Angels trade-deadline story.

Carry on with this wonderful season...

I  hoped the Angels might get at least two fringe prospects instead of one, but that was overtly optimistic.

I guess it was either this or put Hernandez on waivers.

3ds_angels83.jpg
ANGELS ACQUIRE
Luis Madero, rhp

The Diamondbacks signed Madero for $160,000 out of Venezuela in 2013, intrigued by his lanky body and quick arm as a 16-year old. Madero has slowly built off that foundation. He now sits 91-93 mph with a slurvy breaking ball that flashes average and also has a changeup that is below-average. Scouts still note Madero’s quick arm and the projection remaining in his body, and mark him as an interesting prospect if not a major one.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/majors/david-hernandez-back-to-d-backs/

To be fair, what do we have to trade? Obviously trouts out, and i dont think we want to trade simmons. Calhoun is havig a shit uear, maybin is hurt. Escobar may have gotten something (maybe). Bedrosian maybe. Cron as part of a package. Other than that, not a whole lot.

Just have to hope the farm comes along.

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

To be fair, what do we have to trade? Obviously trouts out, and i dont think we want to trade simmons. Calhoun is havig a shit uear, maybin is hurt. Escobar may have gotten something (maybe). Bedrosian maybe. Cron as part of a package. Other than that, not a whole lot.

Just have to hope the farm comes along.

9913560_G.jpg