• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cowart-O-Meter

15 minutes ago, Glen said:

Yeah, it's looking like Cowart sucks.

I wouldn't say he sucks, it is just questionable whether he should play full-time or not. He seems to be on the border of low-end regular and super-utility duty. I think the Angels, barring some difficulty in the off-season, will move him to that role for 2018 or trade him.

19 minutes ago, ettin said:

I wouldn't say he sucks, it is just questionable whether he should play full-time or not. He seems to be on the border of low-end regular and super-utility duty. I think the Angels, barring some difficulty in the off-season, will move him to that role for 2018 or trade him.

I would prefer to reserve judgement until this season ends.  I wouldn't say that anyone on this team is hot right now, so Cowart's hitting performance so far is magnified like many others.  I do think he's a better alternative in the utility role than Pennington, but his future is highly dependent on exactly what kind of moves the team can effectively make in the off season.

20 minutes ago, Glen said:

Looked at two strikes, swung and missed for strike three. He's regressing.

I've seen far more horrible swings on pitches out of the zone tonight.  Actually in his first AB, the 3-2 pitch was really out of the zone, but the ump rung him up anyway.  A number of guys on this team are flailing away at the moment.

6 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I've seen far more horrible swings on pitches out of the zone tonight.  Actually in his first AB, the 3-2 pitch was really out of the zone, but the ump rung him up anyway.  A number of guys on this team are flailing away at the moment.

Yeah, he's just another symptom of the disease that is our offense.

12 hours ago, Glen said:

Looked at two strikes, swung and missed for strike three. He's regressing.

Pretty much what he did last year....started hot, pitchers adjusted and then he struggled, badly....I think we're in the market for a 2b again this offseason....

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

At least by the end of the season we should be reasonably comfortable knowing he's probably not an every day guy.  There's value in knowing when to move on.  The Angels mostly knew anyway I'm sure.  He's got his shot. It is what it is.  Let's see what he does in these last 5 weeks. 

I would be ecstatic if he finishes with the numbers he currently has.  Keep playing him and if it's just a slump he would have time to snap out of it.  If it's an adjustment by the pitchers than we know we have our back up I fielder for next year.

Really too bad he's not hitting though in watching every game his approach does seem much better than in the past.  Has 30+ games to turn it around. 

Must be a lot of stress on him to change positions, step into a position that a veteran player failed at plus be in the midst of a race for a wild card spot.

Looks like Angels may have to fill three or four position player holes this off-season (LF, 3B, 2B and maybe even 1B)....that's a lot to do.