• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OK, Billy...PLEASE

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Escobar since June 30th:

.203 BA

.253 OBP

.523 OPS

He's 34-yrs old, can't play defensive and will be a FA at the end of the year. 

If you're a team in contention, are you really going to give up anything of value for him? 

I'm not a fan on Nocobar, but he's been pretty good defensively the last couple of months. 

16 hours ago, Lou said:

Escobar since June 30th:

.203 BA

.253 OBP

.523 OPS

If you're a team in contention, are you really going to give up anything of value for him? 

16 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

If we throw in Chavez then yes.

Or Norris

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

Or Norris

You had better get a couple mid level prospects for Norris.

He is too old to command more.

Escobar would get you a fringe prospect or two at best.

Chavez will get you nothing, unless there is another team like the Angels who have three or more starters all   go on the DL in the next two days.

20 hours ago, Lou said:

Escobar since June 30th:

.203 BA

.253 OBP

.523 OPS

Aren't gumballs of any value?

5 hours ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

You had better get a couple mid level prospects for Norris.

He is too old to command more.

Escobar would get you a fringe prospect or two at best.

Chavez will get you nothing, unless there is another team like the Angels who have three or more starters all   go on the DL in the next two days.

It was a joke but you know

On 7/26/2017 at 11:09 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Frickin sell off some parts. This team is toast (this year). Make some trades.

I'd really hate to see this team on August 1 without having made any substantial trades, but for some reason I can't shake the feeling that's how it will be.

Absolutely, but I think they won't.  And I don't think it is Billy, I think it is Arte.

42 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If Moreno does not sign any SOLID FAs in the next 17 months, then at that point he needs to sell the team STAT!   Preferably to a corp that has the funds, and the smarts to let the hired folks do their jobs. 

I thought that was Eppler's decision to make and if he chooses to forgo free agency for big ticket players but the team progresses to a long term goal then it is what a smart owner would do. You're a little itchy with the trigger finger.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I thought that was Eppler's decision to make and if he chooses to forgo free agency for big ticket players but the team progresses to a long term goal then it is what a smart owner would do. You're a little itchy with the trigger finger.

I get the smart part of it.   But I would find it hard to believe that there will not be any SMART solid FA acquisitions available in the next 17 months. 

Continue to build the farm, but don't be totally shy on signing SMART solid FAs if a hole needs to be filled; just shy away from the Pujols/Hackilton type contracts.

Long term growth is job 1.   Just don't ignore smart FA acquisitions all together.  Perfect example for the old timers would be Terry Pendleton signing with the Braves after the 1990 season.   Smart acquisition who filled the 3B need, and helped propel the Braves to being the NL team in the 1990s.