• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

M's sign Espinosa

good deal for them -- Halos pay the majority of his 2017 contract for the last two months of the season.

Also good for Halos because Halos were going to pay the entire amount of his 2017 contract and now it's the entire contract minus the MLB minimum for the last two months of the season.

OK deal for Espinosa - why?  Because he was going to get paid his 2017 contract even if he didn't play anywhere -- now he goes as a potential rental player to a team that's not in contention -- so unless DiPoto told Espinosa (and he may have -- 'we are going to give you a shot in ST to win the second base job next year -- (Don't they have a guy named Cano?) -- Espinosa is playing out the string of meaningless games when he could be getting paid for staying put where-ever home is and working out.

I thought Espinosa's best fit was with a contending NL team to be a rental player as a late inning defensive MIF who perhaps could PH and sacrifice a runner over.........

now he'll probably be spelling Robinson Cano who may DH a bit more down the stretch. Don't really see any future prospect of Espinosa being with Seattle in 2018.

48 minutes ago, disarcina said:

I thought Espinosa's best fit was with a contending NL team to be a rental player as a late inning defensive MIF who perhaps could PH and sacrifice a runner over.........

This is what I figured would happen - that he would go to a contending NL team to be used as a late inning defensive replacement and a situational starter.

VEGAS HALO FAN:

Today's LA TIMES (Sunday, July 23) has a story on the sport page front page about Las Vegas very suddenly becoming a 'major league' city with the new NHL team, the Raiders moving there, the NBA summer league being very successful this summer ---

and it mentions that the NFL (Raiders) is just a natural fit (one game a week) while the NHL and others may not be as much (although local season ticket sales for the new NHL team are strong and very impressive - the Times article said more tickets to individuals have been sold than the anticipated corporate sweep of all the good seats).

So -- my question is - NHL, NFL and the NBA (All Star game and summer league -- perhaps a team soon -- although UNLV seems to have the hoops market there and always has)

why not MLB -- like the Oakland A;s?

Build a baseball only retractable roof ball park (like Safeco in Seattle and like the BOB in Phoenix) and I have to believe the Las Vegas A;s would draw better than the Oakland A's (the A's had 9,400 attendance at a game last week in Oakland)........

The article mentioned the Professional Bull Riders events contracted for the Thomas & Mack for the next ten years but made NO mention of the PRCA contracting to keep the National Finals Rodeo there (at Thomas & Mack) for the next decade plus as well..........I was disappointed the Times failed to mention that - before the NHL and the NFL , NFR and professional boxing were the 'pro sports' mainstays in Vegas,

1 hour ago, disarcina said:

good deal for them -- Halos pay the majority of his 2017 contract for the last two months of the season.

Also good for Halos because Halos were going to pay the entire amount of his 2017 contract and now it's the entire contract minus the MLB minimum for the last two months of the season.

OK deal for Espinosa - why?  Because he was going to get paid his 2017 contract even if he didn't play anywhere -- now he goes as a potential rental player to a team that's not in contention -- so unless DiPoto told Espinosa (and he may have -- 'we are going to give you a shot in ST to win the second base job next year -- (Don't they have a guy named Cano?) -- Espinosa is playing out the string of meaningless games when he could be getting paid for staying put where-ever home is and working out.

now he'll probably be spelling Robinson Cano who may DH a bit more down the stretch. Don't really see any future prospect of Espinosa being with Seattle in 2018.

Seattle not in contention ... I disagree 

FYI he's being brought in as a utility player

Troll Daddy --  well, I guess you are right.  Right now the below ,500 Angels and Mariners , some 12 games back of AL West leading Houston, are 2.5 games out of the second wild card spot.

Just reminds me why I don't like this new format.

I wish they would have the two wild card teams do more of a College World Series type approach -- two out of three.

perhaps delay the series where the number four seed in each league plays the winner/ survivor of the wild card playoff........

44 minutes ago, disarcina said:

Troll Daddy --  well, I guess you are right.  Right now the below ,500 Angels and Mariners , some 12 games back of AL West leading Houston, are 2.5 games out of the second wild card spot.

Just reminds me why I don't like this new format.

I wish they would have the two wild card teams do more of a College World Series type approach -- two out of three.

perhaps delay the series where the number four seed in each league plays the winner/ survivor of the wild card playoff........

Maybe we'll be an at large bid selection. 

3 hours ago, disarcina said:

VEGAS HALO FAN:

Today's LA TIMES (Sunday, July 23) has a story on the sport page front page about Las Vegas very suddenly becoming a 'major league' city with the new NHL team, the Raiders moving there, the NBA summer league being very successful this summer ---

and it mentions that the NFL (Raiders) is just a natural fit (one game a week) while the NHL and others may not be as much (although local season ticket sales for the new NHL team are strong and very impressive - the Times article said more tickets to individuals have been sold than the anticipated corporate sweep of all the good seats).

So -- my question is - NHL, NFL and the NBA (All Star game and summer league -- perhaps a team soon -- although UNLV seems to have the hoops market there and always has)

why not MLB -- like the Oakland A;s?

Build a baseball only retractable roof ball park (like Safeco in Seattle and like the BOB in Phoenix) and I have to believe the Las Vegas A;s would draw better than the Oakland A's (the A's had 9,400 attendance at a game last week in Oakland)........

The article mentioned the Professional Bull Riders events contracted for the Thomas & Mack for the next ten years but made NO mention of the PRCA contracting to keep the National Finals Rodeo there (at Thomas & Mack) for the next decade plus as well..........I was disappointed the Times failed to mention that - before the NHL and the NFL , NFR and professional boxing were the 'pro sports' mainstays in Vegas,

Vegas is still firmly behind some other cities fir a major league team. Mexico City, Montreal, San Antonio, Portland, North Carolina has multiple options, there's even talk of teams in the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico or Cuba someday. 

The A's look like they just took a major step forward in getting a new stadium, the Rays will likely leave Florida for Montreal soon. If MLB does expand, it'll probably be one domestic and one international site, most likely Mexico City and one of the Carolinas, but that won't be for another decade.