• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

October 27th 2002....

On 7/21/2017 at 9:38 AM, nando714 said:

I always thought 2005 was 

I'm not gonna lie, I'm still peeved about 2005.  The Angels beat the Yankees in a 5 game ALDS where Colon went down in the second inning of game 5 and Santana answered the call.  The next day they started the ALDS in Chicago and I wasn't expecting them to win after a tiring 5 game series but they pulled it off.  Then in game 2 tied 1-1 the infamous Paul/Pierzynski/Eddings play put the winning run on in the 9th and a pinch runner came around to score to even the series.  Over the final 3 games of that series the Angels led for all of 1 inning as I don't think they ever recovered from the game 2 fiasco.  I can't believe that was almost 12 years ago.

The call itself was bad enough, but him doubling down after the game and getting caught in his bullshit instead of just admitting he fucked up was far worse. 

Had he not signalled him out then it just would have been another bad call. Instead he called him out, then said he didn't when AJ ran to first, then made up a bunch of shit about having some other signal that he uses to call batters out (he doesn't). It was a clusterfuck.

That said, Josh Paul fucked up and then Escobar threw the worst 0-2 pitch to Crede I've ever seen. Had he gotten him out we wouldn't even be talking about that call.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

The call itself was bad enough, but him doubling down after the game and getting caught in his bullshit instead of just admitting he fucked up was far worse. 

Had he not signalled him out then it just would have been another bad call. Instead he called him out, then said he didn't when AJ ran to first, then made up a bunch of shit about having some other signal that he uses to call batters out (he doesn't). It was a clusterfuck.

That said, Josh Paul fucked up and then Escobar threw the worst 0-2 pitch to Crede I've ever seen. Had he gotten him out we wouldn't even be talking about that call.

Angels lost three straight at home. White Sox definitely deserved it. That team seemed like it was on a cinderella ride.

That said, it was an awful call by the umpires. Just atrocious. Although it could've been a moot point if Escobar didn't leave one hanging to Crede.