• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Shane Robinson recalled

Chuck

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

WAR loves him. He's already up to 0.5 WAR in a mere 6 games. That's eighth among Angels hitters.
Kole Calhoun, Yunel Escobar, and Eric Young are all right above him, all tied at 0.7 WAR.

He must get all of his WAR from the defensive end. He's not a hitter. I'd rather have a belly itcher.

1 minute ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Shane Robinson was not on the 40 man. The Angels called him up because he hits right handed and plays good defense and has speed and he was sizzling at AAA for the last month. 

Cesar Puello is 26 and has never been in the majors, so I don't think anyone was worried about his "clock."

Robinson is 32 and offers little at the plate. If anything he's a great defensive 5th OF on a team stacked with 3-4 good offensive-minded outfielders. We already have a lite-hitting Revere in our lineup. 

Also, I really wish Sosh would get this platoony looney tunes shit out of his head. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Also, I really wish Sosh would get this platoony looney tunes shit out of his head. 

I have no idea why you included this Chuck.  How exactly is that relevant?  Are you afraid of a dude like Robinson taking at bats away from Revere or Kole?  Kole has been pretty bad this year, and it has nothing to do with being platooned.  He might even benefit from being platooned, it certainly wouldn't hurt his stats this year.  Revere is a singles hitter with a low OBP and an arm of jelly. If he loses at bats we would probably be the exact same team except for better defensively. 

Didn't someone post Cron & Valbuena's career numbers vs righties and lefties before the season started? It said Valbuena hit lefties better, and Cron hit righties better. The opposite of how they are being platooned! No wonder they have been crap!

10 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Didn't someone post Cron & Valbuena's career numbers vs righties and lefties before the season started? It said Valbuena hit lefties better, and Cron hit righties better. The opposite of how they are being platooned! No wonder they have been crap!

2016 CJ Cron - vs RHP - .290 / .336 / .827

2017 CJ Cron - vs RHP - .190 / .250 / .490

2016 L Valbuena - vs LHP - .267 / .341 / .741

2017 L Valbuena - vs LHP - .150 / .217 / .567

This year each of them is doing better than their regular #'s vs the pitchers they are hitting off of Cron has better #'s vs Lefties .323 this year and Valbuena is .187 vs righties.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I have no idea why you included this Chuck.  How exactly is that relevant?  Are you afraid of a dude like Robinson taking at bats away from Revere or Kole?  Kole has been pretty bad this year, and it has nothing to do with being platooned.  He might even benefit from being platooned, it certainly wouldn't hurt his stats this year.  Revere is a singles hitter with a low OBP and an arm of jelly. If he loses at bats we would probably be the exact same team except for better defensively. 

No, not at all. I just don't know why we don't bring up a guy in AAA (Puello) who has both power and speed, a good defender with a strong arm. Robinson isn't a starter, if anything he's a late inning defensive replacement. 

Let's see what we have in Puello who has 20/20 potential that has slashed .316/.370/.516 this season.

This is an opp for Revere to get starting OF time before the deadline, and that's why Robinson is up - he'll be more of a bench/platoon guy. He could still draw a bit of interest from a contender (both now or as an August deal) needing some bench speed/4th OF. 

If Puello comes up, I want Puello to play and get a shot, not start once every four games and then get bumped back to the minors. 

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

Wondering why we don't just play EY Jr. while Maybin is out. 

If Robinson was called up in part to take advantage of medical care for his kid, that's noble. But it doesn't mean he has to play. I'd much rather see Young get at bats.

EY Jr is off the 40-man again, we outrighted him. Without looking, we'd maybe have to bump someone off or go through risk of losing him to waivers again. 

He also was ice cold last two weeks with the team. Not worth it.

20 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

No, not at all. I just don't know why we don't bring up a guy in AAA (Puello) who has both power and speed, a good defender with a strong arm. Robinson isn't a starter, if anything he's a late inning defensive replacement. 

Let's see what we have in Puello who has 20/20 potential that has slashed .316/.370/.516 this season.

If he had 20/20 potential he would have been called up.  Calhoun who we all love has had one 20 home run season.  Robinson had been just as hot, if not hotter than Puello, before he was called up.  I don't really care because neither is the difference maker, it just seems silly to be upset about platooning when that isn't really what is happening in this situation. 

Just now, Stradling said:

If he had 20/20 potential he would have been called up.  Calhoun who we all love has had one 20 home run season.  Robinson had been just as hot, if not hotter than Puello, before he was called up.  I don't really care because neither is the difference maker, it just seems silly to be upset about platooning when that isn't really what is happening in this situation. 

We'll never know if Puello will be a difference maker unless he's promoted to the big leagues. He has power/speed potential. We do know that Robinson outside of his defense is not. 

Also, Puello was a top 50 prospect 3 years ago. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

It wouldn't hurt to call him up.  I'm more bothered by Cowart being in the minors than any of our other guys.  

Me too. 

Maybe we'll trade Maybin and Escobar to clear up two spots. Puello to LF, Cowart to 3B. Perhaps make a trade to land a 2B, or let Fletcher take the job. 

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

That Maybin injury hurts. Right when he went down I was pissed because that affects whatever value he had.

I could see him being a waiver trade deal in August for a team that needs some speed.