• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Recipe of the Day: Classic German Potato Salad

German Potato Salad

I like all kinds of potato salads, but German might be my favorite!

For German potato salad, sliced potatoes are tossed with bacon, sautéed onions, fresh herbs, and a mustardy white wine dressing. It’s a nice change-up from the mayonnaise-based version, and you can serve it warm or chilled.

Continue reading "Classic German Potato Salad" »

rOsWSf_lfeA

View the full article

I make something similar.

First rule...whatever a recipe calls for when it comes to bacon...double it.

I also add sliced green olives. I'd also think about adding some sugar (1 tsp) to level out that vinegar a bit...and I'd use apple cider vinegar (1/2 cup) and 2/3c water instead of the vegetable broth (which actually wouldn't be a bad change)  instead of white wine. Oh, and skip the mustard...not sure where the hell that comes from. Also ,celery to go with onion...skip the herbs.

So basically

1 cup onion

3/4 cup celery

1/2 lb bacon

1 tsp sugar

1/4 tsp pepper

2/3 cup water (or veg) broth

1/2 cup cide vinger

2 tbsp mayo

6 cup potato

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

I make something similar.

First rule...whatever a recipe calls for when it comes to bacon...double it.

I also add sliced green olives. I'd also think about adding some sugar (1 tsp) to level out that vinegar a bit...and I'd use apple cider vinegar (1/2 cup) and 2/3c water instead of the vegetable broth (which actually wouldn't be a bad change)  instead of white wine. Oh, and skip the mustard...not sure where the hell that comes from. Also ,celery to go with onion...skip the herbs.

So basically

1 cup onion

3/4 cup celery

1/2 lb bacon

1 tsp sugar

1/4 tsp pepper

2/3 cup water (or veg) broth

1/2 cup cide vinger

2 tbsp mayo

6 cup potato

Okay I have to assume you guys are fucking with me with the olives.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Red, you are not making German potato salad. It doesn't have celery, olives, mayo and certainly does have mustard because it's German.

I'll tell my grandmother with german ancestry who passed down the recipe and then she can come back from the dead and tell you to go fuck yourself

On 7/18/2017 at 9:23 AM, yk9001 said:

This ain't an argument about dead relatives until Vladfan checks in.

The "my relative is dead, therefore my point is important" is a new, and interesting, angelswin arguing method.

If Vladdylonglegs responds about dead relatives its because he time traveled back to when the earth was flat to get the recipe.