• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Second Base

Yankees designated INF/OF Rob Refsnyder for assignment.

Ji-Man Choi was also put on waivers Wednesday as the Yankees cleared roster space for trade acquisitions Todd Frazier, David Robertson, and Tommy Kahnle. Refsnyder holds a poor .241/.312/.332 career batting line in 94 games at the major league level, but he was a well-regarded prospect not long ago and should find interest from other teams on the waiver wire.

20 hours ago, Tank said:

why keep him in the organization if they're not going to play him? i'm not asking to be a jerk, but it seems if they're holding on to him, then it's either time to poop or get off the pot.

He already pooped once ... now he's off the pot. 

32 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'd take Refsnyder but he doesn't seem all that exciting.

Not athletic enough to play a defensive first position. Hasn't hit at the major league level. No power. His one standout minor league season was at A+ at age 22, four years ago. His better seasons all came in fewer PAs with high BABIPs.

Eppler would certainly know him well....

14 hours ago, ettin said:

I keep telling you guys over and over he'll get called up on Saturday or Sunday.... No one wants to listen to me. :D

that's because i don't like your avatar, plus it's out of focus.

pick up your game, mang.

23 minutes ago, Tank said:

that's because i don't like your avatar, plus it's out of focus.

pick up your game, mang.

That is my son Blackie and it is one of the last pictures I have of him so yeah not changing it for every last bit of currency on this planet or in the Universe. You should have him as your avatar, pick up your game, mang.

47 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Eppler would certainly know him well....

Grew up an Angels fan too. Didn't help Espinosa for jack (think it actually added pressure if anything) but I believe there's a hometown intangible that kicks in for some guys. 

10 hours ago, ettin said:

That is my son Blackie and it is one of the last pictures I have of him so yeah not changing it for every last bit of currency on this planet or in the Universe. You should have him as your avatar, pick up your game, mang.

when i eat humble pie, which i clearly will be doing here, i usually like it with a nicely crafted root beer float. 

nice pic, good story.

12 hours ago, Tank said:

when i eat humble pie, which i clearly will be doing here, i usually like it with a nicely crafted root beer float. 

nice pic, good story.

You hit me with that in a rough week and I had just spent some time reflecting on him and our other baby Tweety Bird that passed a couple of years ago so sorry if it came off sharp Tank.

I don't like that it is out of focus either! :D

If we ever meet I will buy you a root beer float (or even a beer!). :D

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think you can forget about Cesar Hernandez. 

Apparently the Angels don't think he's as good a fit as I do. Either that or they don't believe he's available. 

Anyway... carry on

Hi Jeff, could the change of heart simply be due to the Angels possibly not going for it here at the deadline and it just got shelved to the off-season or was your impression more that interest on both sides dipped/dropped or was non-existent in the first place?

17 minutes ago, ettin said:

Hi Jeff, could the change of heart simply be due to the Angels possibly not going for it here at the deadline and it just got shelved to the off-season or was your impression more that interest on both sides dipped/dropped or was non-existent in the first place?

Or, are the reports of his clubhouse issues for real? 

2 hours ago, ettin said:

I don't think the Angels has interest in him has changed. I think probably they have not been as interested as I speculated (key word) based on what I perceived to be their criteria. 

Either that or they were told a long time ago by the Phillies that they had no interest in trading him for anything the Angels had to offer so the Angels abandoned the idea. 

Its one of those. 

9 hours ago, ettin said:

You hit me with that in a rough week and I had just spent some time reflecting on him and our other baby Tweety Bird that passed a couple of years ago so sorry if it came off sharp Tank.

I don't like that it is out of focus either! :D

If we ever meet I will buy you a root beer float (or even a beer!). :D

sorry for coming off as a jerk, ettin. didn't realize how personal it was and was trying to be funny with you. my apologies.

i don't drink beer or soda these days, so let's just make it a nice cold bottle of water and call it square.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

sorry for coming off as a jerk, ettin. didn't realize how personal it was and was trying to be funny with you. my apologies.

i don't drink beer or soda these days, so let's just make it a nice cold bottle of water and call it square.

Don't worry about it Tank nothing to forgive buddy you've always been my favorite General Manager around here.... :D