• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Parker Bridwell recalled - Danny Espinosa DFA

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

That's more than double what he's making this year. Unless he has a monster 2nd half (not likely) he isn't getting anywhere near that on the open market. Taking the QO is a no brainer for him. 

What do you anticipate Maybin getting on the open market?

3 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I was hoping that someone might want to add Espinoza for depth or defense and send a couple low level prospects the Angels way.

I wonder if Eppier did try to shop him and got no takers, or simply knew he would be wasting his time to do so?.

I'm sure every team in the league knew that Espinosa was available w/o Eppler needing to shop him.  Hard to imagine any takers especially since it was pretty unlikely he'd make it through the season with the Angels.

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I was hoping that someone might want to add Espinoza for depth or defense and send a couple low level prospects the Angels way.

I wonder if Eppier did try to shop him and got no takers, or simply knew he would be wasting his time to do so?.

I'm sure he had feelers out but no takers. Now they can have him for ML minimum which maybe more than what he is worth at the moment.

48 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Jeff FletcherVerified account @JeffFletcherOCR 2h2 hours ago

The #Angels have DFA'd Danny Espinosa, who hit .162. They needed to make a move today to create a spot for Parker Bridwell.

Now they need to DFA Valbuena.

Might not be the best timing, after hitting two HRs yesterday.

10 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

What do you anticipate Maybin getting on the open market?

If the season ended today he might get 3/33. If he keeps hitting like he has for the past month he'll be lucky to get more than 2 years. 

Also who wants to give up a draft pick for Maybin?

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

If the season ended today he might get 3/33. If he keeps hitting like he has for the past month he'll be lucky to get more than 2 years. 

Teams no longer lose draft pick, except in rare cases when they sign a contract for a lot of money I can't recall the amount at the moment.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

New rules stipulate that teams do not surrender a pick, I think it's just a compensation round pick. Or if it is a pick they lose, it might be a 4th rounder. Not exactly valuable.

5 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

It'll be really interesting to see what they do with 2B and 3B next year. There are some enticing free agents, but with Cowart, Fletcher, Franklin, even Houchins nearing ready, I wonder which direction they'll go.

i think if it were me, I'd extend a QO to Maybin, collect the compensatory draft pick, sign Revere to a one year pact for LF until Hermosillo is ready, I'd re-up Escobar too for 3B and slot Cowart over at 2B with Franklin at utility and Fletcher in AAA.

Isn't the comp pick something like 17 million now?