• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2017 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

I keep seeing articles about how the Phillies are fed up with Herrera. If we could swing for the fences and get him and Hernandez some freaking how that'd be great!

Both under contract and Herrera is owed some money but nothing earth shattering. Both young and talented and both fill huge needs for us. 

Isnt the Phillies farm pretty deep? Obviously we don't have much to trade so unless the Phillies are truly fed up with Herrera it's a pipe dream

http://deadspin.com/odubel-herrera-continues-to-not-give-a-fuck-gets-bench-1797274186

Apparently he enjoys a good bat flip regardless if it's gone or not

On 7/15/2017 at 6:04 PM, arch stanton said:

Royals fans waited 30 years to build this team. I can't believe many are anxious to tear it down and prepare for the next multi-decade rebuild 

Local sports talk radio had a Royals reporter on Thursday afternoon. He said pretty much the same thing. "I can't believe how quickly fans wanted to tear this down. It may be 25 years before they see it again."

21 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I keep seeing articles about how the Phillies are fed up with Herrera. If we could swing for the fences and get him and Hernandez some freaking how that'd be great!

Both under contract and Herrera is owed some money but nothing earth shattering. Both young and talented and both fill huge needs for us. 

Isnt the Phillies farm pretty deep? Obviously we don't have much to trade so unless the Phillies are truly fed up with Herrera it's a pipe dream

http://deadspin.com/odubel-herrera-continues-to-not-give-a-fuck-gets-bench-1797274186

Apparently he enjoys a good bat flip regardless if it's gone or not

nice player.  can't imagine we'd be interested in taking on a headache.  Plus, I am always of the mind that when a player's value has a big chunk coming from their defensive ability at a particular position yet you aren't going to play them there, then you aren't getting everything you paid for.  It's different if that player isn't very good defensively at their current position.  

I actually heard Hernandez is a difficult personality as well.  

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I would trade every bullpen arm we have.  I am not exaggerating.  I would trade Norris, Bedrosian, Petit, Hernandez, Parker, all of them.  Especially if you can package two and get yourself a nice group of prospects.  Will they trade them all?  Of course not, I just think I would trade a good pen arm for an everyday player any day of the week.  

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I would trade every bullpen arm we have.  I am not exaggerating.  I would trade Norris, Bedrosian, Petit, Hernandez, Parker, all of them.  Especially if you can package two and get yourself a nice group of prospects.  Will they trade them all?  Of course not, I just think I would trade a good pen arm for an everyday player any day of the week.  

I'm still reluctant on Bedrosian, unless it's a really good return...the others, let 'er rip....

Bob NightengaleVerified account @BNightengale

The #Yankees get starting RHP Zach Littell and starting LHP Dietrich Enns from #Twins for Garcia and cash as @Joelsherman1 first reported. 

So the Twins turned a 19-year old Rookie Ball pitcher and a little bit of cash into a AAA catcher (Recker), one Jaime Garcia start, a AA lefty SP  in Littel with a 3.90 career ERA (and #22 NYY prospect) and a AAA lefty SP (Enns) with a career minor league ERA of 1.87.

Wow.

15 minutes ago, totdprods said:
Bob NightengaleVerified account @BNightengale

The #Yankees get starting RHP Zach Littell and starting LHP Dietrich Enns from #Twins for Garcia and cash as @Joelsherman1 first reported. 

So the Twins turned a 19-year old Rookie Ball pitcher and a little bit of cash into a AAA catcher (Recker), one Jaime Garcia start, a AA lefty SP  in Littel with a 3.90 career ERA (and #22 NYY prospect) and a AAA lefty SP (Enns) with a career minor league ERA of 1.87.

Wow.

Funniest part of this for me -- Littel is the same pitcher Dipoto traded away for a RP...   James Pazos, WHIP near 1.4..  BB/9 over 4.00.  

Pretty much every SP prospect JD had traded away this year has flourished..   Yabrough was sent packing for Smyly.... he's done well at AAA... mid 3 ERA, K/9 over 9.0 -- meanwhile it's likely Smyly will never throw a single pitch for Seattle.  Gohara was sent packing for Mallex Smith (also used to get Smyly), and he's developed into a top 100 prospect.  This Littel guy was moved for Pazos and all he did was go 14-1 with a 1.87 ERA...

So as an Angels fan ..  Thanks Jerry.

Kansas City RoyalsVerified account @Royals  12m12 minutes ago
We have acquired OF Melky Cabrera from the White Sox, in exchange for minor league pitchers AJ Puckett and Andre Davis. #Royals

Royals are going for it. The amount of prospects the White Sox have been able to acquire is staggering, even in these smaller deals selling off Cabrera, Jennings, SwarzaK...

Gotta say, I like seeing teams like the Rockies, Rays, Brewers, and Royals making all these small, fairly cheap moves to push for the playoffs. If this is a result of the new CBA/FA compensation rules, I like it.

Melky could be a LF target for the Angels next year. Comparable offensive production to Escobar, should we let him walk, and likely not much more expensive.

2 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Damn. Love the royals mentality 

go for it!!

Yeah, I can't blame them. They built a special core and this is pretty much the last year for that team. They've been red hot, and rentals aren't getting much in this market, so they may as well go out on a high note.

Ken RosenthalVerified account @Ken_Rosenthal  3m3 minutes ago
Source confirms: Addison Reed to #RedSox for three prospects, pending medical review. On it: @JoelSherman1, @TBrownYahoo.

Reed is a guy I'd like to see the Angels pursue this winter. I know, spending money on relievers, etc., but we're going to see a ton of pen turnover with Street, Bailey, Petit, Norris, Hernandez all on expiring contracts, and Morin and Alvarez out of options. It'd be nice to add one stable vet arm to the youth we have, and Addison has great and grew up an Angels fan.

Jim Bowden@Jim_BowdenSX2m2 minutes ago
#Dodgers #Astros #Indians are the three teams remaining in pursuit of Yu Darvish #RangersIndians/Rangers talking Francisco Mejia for Darvish

With the Dodgers balking at Verdugo or Buehler for Darvish, it'd be insane for the Rangers to pass on acquiring Mejia, especially since Lucroy didn't work out and they dealt away Alfaro and Telis.