• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2017 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

Even tho I think Heyman is a jackass I always read his team notes articles.

If the Rangers are willing to deal Odor (yes I'm aware of his OBP/Avg, and the fact he plays for Texas) I'd be all over him if Texas willing to deal to us. Only 23.

Looks to be pure speculation on Heyman's part and click bait but I could see Texas dealing Odor. Do they have anyone ready in the farm at second?

On 7/23/2017 at 11:12 AM, CanadianHalo said:

Even tho I think Heyman is a jackass I always read his team notes articles.

If the Rangers are willing to deal Odor (yes I'm aware of his OBP/Avg, and the fact he plays for Texas) I'd be all over him if Texas willing to deal to us. Only 23.

Looks to be pure speculation on Heyman's part and click bait but I could see Texas dealing Odor. Do they have anyone ready in the farm at second?

When all the dust clears at the deadline we....

IMG_7087.JPG

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Twins finally acquire Jamie Garcia and catcher Anthony Recker, and it only cost them a rookie ball pitcher.

I know Garcia isn't anything special, but between this and the Martinez deal, it isn't looking good for the rental seller's market. 

The lack of buyers is another reason why some teams are considering staying in the playoff hunt.

Basically you have sellers that need to move pure rentals and eventually a team on the Wild Card bubble is going to say screw it lets buy a bit and go for it. That is why this market is so weird because it should have had a lot more selling by now but the Division leaders are so good this year and you have only one real group contending for the Wild Card in the American League. Very weird deadline.

48 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I've never, eeeeever seen anything like the 2017 AL WC race.

8 to 9 teams bunched within 3.5 games????   Really? Really? Really?  Really??

It's crazy for sure ... I get the feeling Eppler won't be a big seller at the deadline. I guess will find out soon enough.

11 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

It's crazy for sure ... I get the feeling Eppler won't be a big seller at the deadline. I guess will find out soon enough.

Nor do I think he should be. If the returns on guys like Escobar, Petit, and Norris are C- level prospects, may as well keep the team intact and hope they get hot.

11 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Nor do I think he should be. If the returns on guys like Escobar, Petit, and Norris are C- level prospects, may as well keep the team intact and hope they get hot.

Totally agree. After seeing the Martinez and Garcia returns, and hearing Darvish may not even fetch a top prospect, I definitely don't think we will get much anything at all for our rentals. 

26 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Totally agree. After seeing the Martinez and Garcia returns, and hearing Darvish may not even fetch a top prospect, I definitely don't think we will get much anything at all for our rentals. 

Gray might be a better test....but I agree, so so prospects aren't worth cashing our chips in....

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

So if this holds true ... the Angels should be looking to buy imo. 

4 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Why would we go all in for a "chance" at a one game playoff? There's nothing reliable on this team outside of Trout and Simmons. They need to sell.

There is no one to sell. It's becoming abundantly clear that rental players (all that we have to sell) are returning nothing. Hardly even fringe prospects. 
Maybin and Norris were our best bets at even landing a fringe prospect in this market, and with Maybin on the DL, I don't know if it's even worth selling Norris just to add one net fringe prospect to our farm. 

The only players we could currently truly sell would be Calhoun and Bedrosian.

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

There is no one to sell. It's becoming abundantly clear that rental players (all that we have to sell) are returning nothing. Hardly even fringe prospects. 
Maybin and Norris were our best bets at even landing a fringe prospect in this market, and with Maybin on the DL, I don't know if it's even worth selling Norris just to add one net fringe prospect to our farm. 

The only players we could currently truly sell would be Calhoun and Bedrosian.

They never really separated themselves from the other wild card contenders so they need to stop the wild card madness and sell Calhoun, Escobar and Norris ASAP. Get what you can get before the wheels fall off of these guys.

They also need to DFA a few non 2018'rs and move forward with the rebuild. Stop it with the "win now" BS because this team will fold up like a cheap lawn chair when the time comes.

20 hours ago, totdprods said:

Twins finally acquire Jamie Garcia and catcher Anthony Recker, and it only cost them a rookie ball pitcher.

I know Garcia isn't anything special, but between this and the Martinez deal, it isn't looking good for the rental seller's market. 

its still relatively early -- crap might yet get crazy but, the Martinez deal seems to have really hamstrung the sellers market...

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

They never really separated themselves from the other wild card contenders so they need to stop the wild card madness and sell Calhoun, Escobar and Norris ASAP. Get what you can get before the wheels fall off of these guys.

They also need to DFA a few non 2018'rs and move forward with the rebuild. Stop it with the "win now" BS because this team will fold up like a cheap lawn chair when the time comes.

This is ridiculous.  Trade Calhoun during his worst season?  Why?  DFA guys?  For what reason?  These guys aren't blocking anyone.  Trade Escobar and Norris, sure, the rest is stupid.