• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2017 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

I'd definitely be interested in Refsnyder.

He might be a potential solution in LF or at 1B. His defense is not good at 2B so I seriously doubt that is an option, but yeah I could see a claim or a minor trade to acquire him.

3 minutes ago, ettin said:

He might be a potential solution in LF or at 1B. His defense is not good at 2B so I seriously doubt that is an option, but yeah I could see a claim or a minor trade to acquire him.

I've kind of expected Petit or Hernandez for someone like Refsnyder for awhile.

4 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Maikel Franco has started off nice since the ASB. The guys on MLB Network said he made a change to his swing?

Really want to take a "buy low" flier on him and move Yunel to 1st.

I've kinda wondered if we could pull something big with the Phils involving two of Franco, Herrera, or Hernandez. It'd take a significant prospect package from the Angels, but could clear some salary for the Phils and give the Angels two young players at positions in need with significant upside before the offseason. 

Those players' ages are 24-27. They're virtually prospects, and I'd be fine sacrificing some for them.

Awfully risky for the cost. We'd have to trust Eppler's scouts big time.

2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Maikel Franco has started off nice since the ASB. The guys on MLB Network said he made a change to his swing?

Really want to take a "buy low" flier on him and move Yunel to 1st.

The Phillies don't have much of an incentive to sell low on him, though. He's young, doesn't cost much, and is controllable for 4 years.  That's exactly the type of player they need to be building around, even if he's having a down year.

Mariners sending their #6 prospect, Brayan Hernandez, along with three additional prospects, to the Marlins for David Phelps.

Last three aren't expected to be top prospects, but still a lot of farm to give up for a reliever. 

Edit: it will be their #6, #16 (Brandon Miller), and #22 (Pablo Lopez) ranked prospects plus one non-ranked for Phelps.

@Scotty@AW can probably school me on this, but a glance it looks like something comparable to Hermosillo, Jesus Castillo, Jose Rodriguez, and a random no-namer.

On 7/18/2017 at 6:34 PM, floplag said:

a rental design to make the post... please dont leave that part out.    and a very good one at that.    But most here way over value prospects even over playoff appearances 

See Wood, Brandon.

Dipoto looks well on his way to doing to Seattle what he did for the Angels. He's a great GM for fans though with all the trades he constantly makes so there's always excitement! Sure is thinning that farm out rather quickly again. For the sake of Mariners fans, they better hope he and his staff are better at drafting than they were in Anaheim. Looks like DIpoto has added another starter with injury issues. First they traded for Smyly in the offseason despite the red flags on his shoulder and in the end it left them with a guy who needed TJS just a few months later. Now he's trading for a starter who just had TJS last year

On 7/18/2017 at 7:02 PM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Ooo, Sosh says Franklin is here to fix production at second base. How many hits has had as an Angel. Two and hitting .111 in his first 9 games, so he is off to a hot start.

Sosh has mastered both hyperbole and the understatement. I put little value in his words.