• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2017 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

I figured with the first major deal now official, and chatter already beginning about a Sonny Gray to Cubs rumor, it was time to go ahead and create an official Trade Deadline thread. 
Every other thread devolves into it one way or another. I have a feeling this year's deadline is going to be very active, and also heat up much sooner than usual. 

7/13:
Chicago Cubs acquire SP Jose Quintana from Chicago White Sox for prospects LF Eloy Jimenez, RHP Dylan Cease, 2B Bryant Flete, and 1B Matt Rose.
Milwaukee Brewers acquire LHP Tyler Webb from New York Yankees for 1B Garrett Cooper.

Edited by totdprods

Some Friday morning rumors: 

Jon MorosiVerified account @jonmorosi  6m6 minutes ag
Multiple teams talking with #Orioles about Zach Britton, sources say; #Dodgers are one of them, as @JonHeyman first reported. @MLB

Ken RosenthalVerified account @Ken_Rosenthal  19m19 minutes ago
 Source confirms: #Cubs pursuing Gray even after getting Quintana. First reported: @jonmorosi.

It would be short sided for the Royals to be buyers.  They are a smaller market club and need to use the resources they have to acquire their next group of everyday players.  They are very different from us.  They have very talented players in the last year of their contracts that will bring back value.  Mous, Hosmer and Cain will all bring back nice packages of players.  As a Royal fan I'd be torn on what's best.  As an outsider it seems an obvious choice.  

45 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It would be short sided for the Royals to be buyers.  They are a smaller market club and need to use the resources they have to acquire their next group of everyday players.  They are very different from us.  They have very talented players in the last year of their contracts that will bring back value.  Mous, Hosmer and Cain will all bring back nice packages of players.  As a Royal fan I'd be torn on what's best.  As an outsider it seems an obvious choice.  

I think if you could convince all the wild card teams to sell ... the Angels could become buyers. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I'd dangle Vargas in front of the Yankees and Astros lol

Ken RosenthalVerified account @Ken_Rosenthal  46s46 seconds ago

Prospects headed to #Athletics from #Nationals are LH Jesus Lazardo and 3B Sheldon Neuse. Those two plus Treinen for Doolittle, Madson.

Blow to the Angels...Nationals were a ripe and ready org to push guys like Norris, Bedrosian, Hernandez, and Petit too, given their trade history with Eppler and their propensity to trade prospects aggressively.