• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Red Sox Designate Pablo Sandoval For Assignment

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Sandovol was a huge mistake by the Red Sox from day one, just like Hamilton. The Angels actually got more for their money with Hamilton but that isn't saying much.

I have a buddy, grew up on the Cape, huge baseball and Red Sox fan..  When I brought up Hamilton in response to his ranting about Sandoval he was super quick to point out that despite all the drama and disappointment Hamilton actually played in more games and had a positive WAR while in Anaheim.  Sandoval has played in 80 fewer games and put up a negative 2.0 bWAR for the Red Sox....  Crazy how bad both those deals were and even crazier that the Sox deal might end up being worse.

Right now he stinks.  He might never be good again.  But frankly, Sandoval at major league minimum isn't the worst idea on earth.

He is 30 yrs old. 

Somebody will sign him for nothing and risk really nothing except a roster spot.

To be clear I am not hoping that team is the Angels at all.  Low probability of success.  But measured by risk alone, at mlb minimum there isn't much risk.

52 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I have a buddy, grew up on the Cape, huge baseball and Red Sox fan..  When I brought up Hamilton in response to his ranting about Sandoval he was super quick to point out that despite all the drama and disappointment Hamilton actually played in more games and had a positive WAR while in Anaheim.  Sandoval has played in 80 fewer games and put up a negative 2.0 bWAR for the Red Sox....  Crazy how bad both those deals were and even crazier that the Sox deal might end up being worse.

both of these deals are making people forget the crapfest that was the don stanhouse and jim gott signings by the dodgers in the 80s.

hi AO!

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Right now he stinks.  He might never be good again.  But frankly, Sandoval at major league minimum isn't the worst idea on earth.

He is 30 yrs old. 

Somebody will sign him for nothing and risk really nothing except a roster spot.

To be clear I am not hoping that team is the Angels at all.  Low probability of success.  But measured by risk alone, at mlb minimum there isn't much risk.

I was about to comment that it was my understanding that the team that picks up Sandoval will only be obligated for the league minimum and Boston picks up the rest.