• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cubs acquire Quintana

Chuck

14 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

We don't have an Eloy Jimenez in our system, the closest we'd have is Adell because of upside. We also don't have a cease, but if they're willing to take more of a sure thing, Griffin Canning. As for the other two, middling position prospects. Zach Houchins and Jake Yacinich.

So offered Adell, Canning, Houchins and Yacinich, but more.

Unless I'm mistaken or things have changed, we can't trade Adell or Canning until after the WS anyway. So we were priced out pretty easily here. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Unless I'm mistaken or things have changed, we can't trade Adell or Canning until after the WS anyway. So we were priced out pretty easily here. 

You're right, but it wasn't my intent to say we should have traded these guys.  More or less I was offering a basic outline of what this deal would've looked like for the Angels.  They aren't in a position to be making any trades of this nature.  The farm system is finally looking really solid 1-20.  They need to allow that to begin bearing fruits for the major league club and set a course for a more consistent contender with a continuous influx of upside talent.

The other thing I like about what the Cubs did was they were willing to make a deal now.  They have ground to make up so why not get the help now rather than two weeks from now.

It makes you question the mentality of "let's see how we play and where we are in a few weeks until the deadline". . .

Why not make a decision and go forward?

34 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I know now...but the OP needs to have that link in his first post. Not tell us, well..it's in another thread. (and then let us guess which one then search around)

I swear, some people have no clue how to use a message board.

I honestly cannot tell if your serious or not. 

If you are, 

Cheezburger reaction arrested development excuse me david cross GIF

18 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

You're right, but it wasn't my intent to say we should have traded these guys.  More or less I was offering a basic outline of what this deal would've looked like for the Angels.  They aren't in a position to be making any trades of this nature.  The farm system is finally looking really solid 1-20.  They need to allow that to begin bearing fruits for the major league club and set a course for a more consistent contender with a continuous influx of upside talent.

Oh I know. I was mainly just saying that even if we wanted to make this trade, we couldn't. 

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Which is why it's best to develop your own pitching, first and foremost?   Especially in this era of increased pitching injuries?

When it comes to #1-2 starters, I think that's really the only way. They never make it to FA, and when they do, they're going to cost $1m a start, be on the wrong side of 30, and have a million innings on their arm already. Or you you have to have a top 5 farm to weather the impact of the prospects dealt. 

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

When it comes to #1-2 starters, I think that's really the only way. They never make it to FA, and when they do, they're going to cost $1m a start, be on the wrong side of 30, and have a million innings on their arm already. Or you you have to have a top 5 farm to weather the impact of the prospects dealt. 

or, and i think this happens more frequently, you trade for the guy before he becomes the #1 starter. this is where eppler really needs to hit, for the angels to have any legitimate marked improvement.

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

or, and i think this happens more frequently, you trade for the guy before he becomes the #1 starter. this is where eppler really needs to hit, for the angels to have any legitimate marked improvement.

:: glances over at Tyler Skaggs and Alex Meyer ::

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

:: glances over at Tyler Skaggs and Alex Meyer ::

they're more like failed prospects, which are also smart moves.

i was thinking more along the lines of arrieta, kendrick, hill; amongst others to name a few of the current variety.

27 minutes ago, ukyah said:

they're more like failed prospects, which are also smart moves.

i was thinking more along the lines of arrieta, kendrick, hill; amongst others to name a few of the current variety.

Skaggs was definitely seen as a TORP prospect when he was acquired, IMO. Arrieta, when dealt, wasn't too far removed from what Meyer was when we got him.

8 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Quintana at his worst (this year) is still better than any of the Angels starters right now. Sad.

JC Ramirez has a higher WAR, a better W/L record, same ERA, same number of innings, and same ERA+(+1) than Quintana.

Those two are pretty equal this season so far with the edge going to JC.

34 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

JC Ramirez has a higher WAR, a better W/L record, same ERA, same number of innings, and same ERA+(+1) than Quintana.

Those two are pretty equal this season so far with the edge going to JC.

:3705709385:

8 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

I know now...but the OP needs to have that link in his first post. Not tell us, well..it's in another thread. (and then let us guess which one then search around)

I swear, some people have no clue how to use a message board.

I envy your laziness.

You could have Googled Cubs trade and got the answer quicker than it took to post this.

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I envy your laziness.

You could have Googled Cubs trade and got the answer quicker than it took to post this.

I guess I'm the reason there is ( or was) a SARCASM moji here.

But tbh.. I did think that a post like that should have a link to, or include at least a morsel of actual information other than "a trade happened".

If it wasn't Chuck I would have blown it off..