• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cubs acquire Quintana

Chuck

It's a tough call but I like what the White Sox are doing while the Cubs are still in a position to win. The White Sox are building for the future and that's what I'd like to see here. I personally love this time of year more than the winter meetings. Some teams trade good players for nothing just to clear salary space. 

IMG_6922.JPG

IMG_6923.JPG

IMG_6925.PNG

6 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

It's a tough call but I like what the White Sox are doing while the Cubs are still in a position to win. The White Sox are building for the future and that's what I'd like to see here. I personally love this time of year more than the winter meetings. Some teams trade good players for nothing just to clear salary space. 

IMG_6922.JPG

IMG_6923.JPG

IMG_6925.PNG

Stop.

If Espinosa, Valbuena played anything close to what they produced last year, plus our #1 & #2 SP's didn't land on the DL, we'd be in much better position than we already are, and we're still closer to a Wild Card spot than the Cubs are. 

Also, Quintana wasn't acquired just for this season, for a WC push, but also for the next two seasons. It was a good trade for them, but honestly I'd like to keep our top prospects. 

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I know now...but the OP needs to have that link in his first post. Not tell us, well..it's in another thread. (and then let us guess which one then search around)

I swear, some people have no clue how to use a message board.

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Anyone want to offer up the Angels system comps for this package?

We don't have an Eloy Jimenez in our system, the closest we'd have is Adell because of upside. We also don't have a cease, but if they're willing to take more of a sure thing, Griffin Canning. As for the other two, middling position prospects. Zach Houchins and Jake Yacinich.

So offered Adell, Canning, Houchins and Yacinich, but more.

1 minute ago, Scotty@AW said:

We don't have an Eloy Jimenez in our system, the closest we'd have is Adell because of upside. We also don't have a cease, but if they're willing to take more of a sure thing, Griffin Canning. As for the other two, middling position prospects. Zach Houchins and Jake Yacinich.

So offered Adell, Canning, Houchins and Yacinich, but more.

I guess that is a pretty good haul then.

28 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I know this is in another thread, but it deserves its own. 

Thoughts on the deal?

I think it's good for both teams.

The White Sox are going to have a good young team.

Hopefully the Angels are in position to be able to make trades like this in a few years.  For now, it's all about laying the foundation again.  

From the Cubs POV... Gleyber Torres and now Eloy Jimenez in back to back midseason deals.  They are spending a lot of the currency they were able to acquire before the rule changes -- prettty sure they won't mind if they get back into the WS.   Quintana eases their need to overspend on Arrieta, so I like it.

from the CWS POV.....   Rick Hahn seems to have maxed out Quintana's value pretty well IMO.  I wonder how many of their recent acquisitions they will bring up in the next few weeks.  Moncada can't be that far off and that park can only help his numbers.