• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Aaron Judge???

Altuve should win it.

Right now, Judge, Lindor, and Ramirez can all make a case for runnerup.   Trout could too, until these past 36 games happened.   At this point, MAYBE 5th place for Trout?

Kluber and Sale could possibly make a case for 5th place too.

No Red Sux batter has an .800+ OPS, other than Devers, who just became the 3B two months ago.

Simmons' offense has fallen off over the past month or so, as well.

11 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Nah, he won't win MVP. That horrible August sealed it and he hasn't really been clutch. His WPA (Wins Probablity Added) is so low for a guy who is putting up a monster slash line. 

The next time a baseball writer cares about such things as WPA when casting their vote for MVP will be the first time.

On 9/25/2017 at 9:19 PM, arch stanton said:

In fairness to Trout, he doesn't play in a Little League park or in a division full of Little League parks but kudos to Judge. He did what no rookie ever has

Exactly. The AL East has the most favorable ballparks for hitting HRs. I imagine players probably pull the ball more there because of that.'

Without steroids, teams have had to make their outfields smaller to boost HR numbers. Even Petco Park has gotten smaller.

2 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Exactly. The AL East has the most favorable ballparks for hitting HRs. I imagine players probably pull the ball more there because of that.'

Without steroids, teams have had to make their outfields smaller to boost HR numbers. Even Petco Park has gotten smaller.

This just isn't true.  Judge hits monster home runs. I was curious so I looked it up;  only 2 out of his 50 HR would not have left Angels Stadium.  Also, he hits to all fields.  Actually more HR were not pulled than were.

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail.php?id=2017_2283&type=hitter

His plate discipline is atrocious.  But we're talking about a rookie here.  Given time he may become something very special.  Trout already is but he doesn't have the monster HR power.  Your average casual fan is wowed by that, not OBP or the like.

3 minutes ago, TSD said:

This just isn't true.  Judge hits monster home runs. I was curious so I looked it up;  only 2 out of his 50 HR would not have left Angels Stadium.  Also, he hits to all fields.  Actually more HR were not pulled than were.

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail.php?id=2017_2283&type=hitter

You gotta also account for the #MarineLayer