• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Aaron Judge???

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Trollin trollin trollin

No I’m just messing around. Trout is by far the best player on the planet but has no team around him like Judge. I do find it quite amusing how so many people rip on Judge when he’s just a rookie ball player with virtually no baggage that’s been pretty successful. I would like nothing more than to have him somewhere in our lineup. I think the fans would like him. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

No you were being you.

i agree that people shouldn’t hate on Judge and it all stems from the asshats that we’re calling him the best player in baseball in the first half.  

I think with the timing of Trout getting hurt and Judge putting up monster numbers there was an overreaction.

I do think that Judge could be the most popular player in baseball right now because he participated in and put on quite a show in the Home Run Derby. He also played in the All Star game and now he’s playing in the postseason. He’s also being marketed very well by MLB. There’s no reason for anyone to get butthurt by this. It’s baseball. 

5 hours ago, Calzone said:

I think with the timing of Trout getting hurt and Judge putting up monster numbers there was an overreaction.

I do think that Judge could be the most popular player in baseball right now because he participated in and put on quite a show in the Home Run Derby. He also played in the All Star game and now he’s playing in the postseason. He’s also being marketed very well by MLB. There’s no reason for anyone to get butthurt by this. It’s baseball. 

It might also have a little to do with his number--99.

But then, the Yankees have retired almost every number lower than that, so he didn't get to pick it.

1 hour ago, Calzone said:

Judge will perform better than

.083 / .267 / .333 / .600

A bad postseason season, dude. Freakin' small sample size. Even a scrub can have a good postseason slash line with just like 12 at bats, like  Mathis. But if you look at it, Trout had two bad games and one good game. Those two bad games skewed his postseason numbers.

But it still was a bad series for Trout and one of the main causes for the Angels not moving on in the playoffs. Those Flukey Royals shut down their next opponent as well, and the final opponent. Just a fluke .

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

But it still was a bad series for Trout and one of the main causes for the Angels not moving on in the playoffs. Those Flukey Royals shut down their next opponent as well, and the final opponent. Just a fluke .

But it was still just one bad postseason/series and one of the main reason to not label Trout as a "choker". Like every great players have bad postseason or series in their careers, including those who are considered "clutch" by everyone. 

a few notable playoff appearances:

Babe Ruth 1922 - 2/17 1rbi, 1CS.  .426 ops 

Barry Bonds 1990 - 3/18.  .542 ops.  1991 - 4/27. .392 ops (his first two playoff appearances)

Mickey Mantle 1961 - .333 ops, 1962 - .401 ops, 1963 - .521 ops.  

Willie Mays - had a career .660 ops in 25 playoff games.  

Ty Cobb - .668 ops in 17 career playoff games

Ted Williams only playoff appearance - 5/30 with 1 rbi and a .533 ops.  

It's funny, but I don't remember hearing about most of these performances.  

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

a few notable playoff appearances:

Babe Ruth 1922 - 2/17 1rbi, 1CS.  .426 ops 

Barry Bonds 1990 - 3/18.  .542 ops.  1991 - 4/27. .392 ops (his first two playoff appearances)

Mickey Mantle 1961 - .333 ops, 1962 - .401 ops, 1963 - .521 ops.  

Willie Mays - had a career .660 ops in 25 playoff games.  

Ty Cobb - .668 ops in 17 career playoff games

Ted Williams only playoff appearance - 5/30 with 1 rbi and a .533 ops.  

It's funny, but I don't remember hearing about most of these performances.  

Because most of these people are still kids or teenagers, dude. Probably still knew to baseball. Don't forget to bring up Rod Carew and Vlad's career postseason slash line as well. 

Why are we discussing Mike Trouts’ postseason heroics while he’s busy planning his wedding and taking in some golf, fishing and hunting. It seems like a pointless discussion since he hasn’t participated in the postseason since 2014. We have no idea what he would do in any future postseasons until he actually plays in them.