• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Aaron Judge???

7 hours ago, TSD said:

Actually more HR were not pulled than were.

That wouldn't have anything to do with the LL dimensions down the right field line where he plays most of his games, would it? 

The RF pole sits less than 325' away from home plate in 4 AL stadiums. Care to guess how many are in the AL East?*

*Hint: the other 2 divisions combined have zero. 

Edited by Lou

On September 25, 2017 at 5:28 PM, TSD said:

Judge has 13 HR's in September, which is the same number that Trout has in July, August, and September....combined. 

Homers! (Which I never mentioned) . Since you want to change the narrative, I guess I'll play along. Trout hit more home runs in July and August, even though he was coming off of an injury that had him out for six weeks. 

Now, let's have a closer look at July thru September (as of your posting)

Judge had 32 more ABs.

Trout had more hits, singles, doubles and triples.

Trout had 10 more stolen bases and was caught stealing fewer times.

Trout hit .280  Judge hit .236

Trout's OPS = .968   Judge = .932

Trout struck out 44 times .  Judge K'd 107 times.

All he can do is hit HRs (and walk). Take away the ABs when he homered during that period and he batted .160 

9 hours ago, Lou said:

Homers! (Which I never mentioned) . Since you want to change the narrative, I guess I'll play along. Trout hit more home runs in July and August, even though he was coming off of an injury that had him out for six weeks. 

Now, let's have a closer look at July thru September (as of your posting)

Judge had 32 more ABs.

Trout had more hits, singles, doubles and triples.

Trout had 10 more stolen bases and was caught stealing fewer times.

Trout hit .280  Judge hit .236

Trout's OPS = .968   Judge = .932

Trout struck out 44 times .  Judge K'd 107 times.

All he can do is hit HRs (and walk). Take away the ABs when he homered during that period and he batted .160 

I'm not sure were you going with this but nobody is saying Judge is better than Trout.

I'd be fine with Judge batting fourth for the Angels. I'm old fashion and still use runs and rbis to value a player. 125 runs and 111 rbis works for me. 

48 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I'm not sure were you going with this but nobody is saying Judge is better than Trout.

I'd be fine with Judge batting fourth for the Angels. I'm old fashion and still use runs and rbis to value a player. 125 runs and 111 rbis works for me. 

You know how many RBIs he would have if nobody was on base in front of him? 49

You know how many runs he would have scored if nobody got a hit behind him? 49

This is why judging (ha!) a player based on contextual stats like runs scored and runs driven in is way overrated.

Why the Aaron Judge hate? (or butt hurt) He seems like a pretty good guy. 

We could use a guy like that in our lineup. Nobody is saying that he's anywhere near better than Trout but he sure is better than a lot of other MLB players. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to see Judge in an Angels uniform. 

Aaron Judge is headed to the postseason so his rookie year continues to be special. RoY with playoffs is a pretty solid start to his MLB career. 

38 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

You know how many RBIs he would have if nobody was on base in front of him? 49

You know how many runs he would have scored if nobody got a hit behind him? 49

This is why judging (ha!) a player based on contextual stats like runs scored and runs driven in is way overrated.

Using that logic ... then Trout would have 39 rbis this season. 

FYI let's not forget the 125 runs scored 

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

Using that logic ... then Trout would have 39 rbis this season. 

FYI let's not for the 125 runs scored 

That's why I don't use that "logic".

Trout has a higher batting average, a higher OBP, a slightly higher slugging average and a higher OBP. He is better on the bases. And he's a better defender. He also strikes out a LOT less.

7 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

That's why I don't use that "logic".

Trout has a higher batting average, a higher OBP, a slightly higher slugging average and a higher OBP. He is better on the bases. And he's a better defender. He also strikes out a LOT less.

Judge is a rookie, chill out ... yes there was a time Trout K'd 200 times too

btw Judge's numbers in September were far superior to Trout's when it counted 

5 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Judge strikeout so much that he makes Trout look like a contact hitter, a la Tony Gwynn. And no one that knows baseball would say that Judge is better than Trout. As far as I know, Judge needs to put up a lot of big seasons to deserve to consider as good or better than Trout.

Trout is the best regular season player on the planet but that means nothing to us until Opening Day 2018. 

Lets see how Judge performs in his first postseason. 

57 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Yeah seriously, maybe it's not just a harper thing.  People have to compare everyone to trout.  I think people are just trying to say he's had an amazing rookie year.

Take that up with the person who brought up Trout in a Judge thread.