• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Aaron Judge???

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The fact that such a thing exists makes me hate today's game.  

That he hit them to all fields like that is amazing. I've been a fan for a long time and have never seen anything like it.

And I didn't watch the HRD or even see any video of any of it.

Just now, Homebrewer said:

That he hit them to all fields like that is amazing. I've been a fan for a long time and have never seen anything like it.

And I didn't watch the HRD or even see any video of any of it.

Completely agree that seeing it was sick.  That there is a spray chart for it is silly.  Should we expect to see batting practice spray charts next?

i like the spray chart, at least for this particular display of prowess. that judge was hitting powerfully to all fields in a batting exhibition is incredible, and something we really haven't seen in this contest. power hitters by nature tend to be pull hitters. 

1 hour ago, heRo said:

I don't think Judge is going to regress much.  He has adjusted his swing and it's paid off.  He has a very rare combination of size and athleticism.

pitchers will find a hole in his swing and exploit it. The way they did with Trout with the high pitch. He will have to adjust back to keep from regressing.

I'll agree that Judge's performance against batting practice pitches was fun to watch, but it was hardly "the most impressive hitting display I've ever seen"..far from it.

I thought Reggie Jackson's 3 homers against the Dodgers in the WS was far more impressive because it was real baseball played under real conditions. You could add Adam Kennedy's 3 bombs in the play-offs also as being impressive. Ted Williams hit over .400 and DiMaggio hit in 56 straight and that wasn't against batting practice pitches..it was real! There are many more moments that would fall under the category as memorable long before the Home Run Derby would.  ymmv

Most here are probably too young to even remember this, but I was there the day Ralston Schmidt hit 4 grand slams in a row, and all with 2 strikes (because he refused to swing until he had 2 strikes against him) There were more people in the seats for AK's three dinger game vs the Twinkies. There were a lot of dropped jaws in the stands that day, and I was one of them..the only one who wasn't surprised was Mickey Hatcher.

Still...Judge's ability to go upper deck to all fields (and he's doing it in real games, against real pitchers.. not just against BP tosses) is pretty damn impressive.

18 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

47 home runs in the Derby.

1-for-25 since then, counting tonight's game.

The one hit was a slow dribbler back to the pitcher.

Cursed.

Look what it did to Hamilton. It was a steep plunge from that day forward.