• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Props to Jaime Barria

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

BTW -- Roman Ocumarez, the scout who scouted and signed Barria and Victor Alcantara was among those let go by the Dipoto purge..   The Houston Astros picked him up almost instantly...  

Dipoto didn't need him. He can scout international players all by himself. Just give him 2 days and a hotel room.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

BTW -- Roman Ocumarez, the scout who scouted and signed Barria and Victor Alcantara was among those let go by the Dipoto purge..   The Houston Astros picked him up almost instantly...  

Remember when 3/4 of the board was losing their minds over this asshole quitting like an bitch. 

Man, he looks legit. I admittedly hadn't seen any video of him in a long time - and I was a little hesitant on him because I thought he was a little too slight and getting by with smoke and mirrors - but he's really filled out and looks like a major leaguer out there. Fuckin' a.

There are certainly exceptions but pitchers can make it a little quicker than position guys---KRod, Santana, Middleton this year.  Again with exceptions, if you subscribe to the theory that pitchers have a pretty limited shelf life (Weaver), get 'em to the bigs and don't use up those pitches in the minors.....

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Man, he looks legit. I admittedly hadn't seen any video of him in a long time - and I was a little hesitant on him because I thought he was a little too slight and getting by with smoke and mirrors - but he's really filled out and looks like a major leaguer out there. Fuckin' a.

That's where I was two years ago. I saw some video, but didn't pay attention until Burlington. Even then I had to watch him a few times before I reached your level of excitement. Now I'm certain that aside from injury, nothing will stop this kid from being a good major leaguer.