• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Amazon Prime Day Deals

14 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

the whole "prime day" thing is kind of hilarious.

you can clearly see the top brass saying "ok we have this summer lull, what can we do to juice sales to mimic holiday season?"

just make up another holiday!

word now is it what the biggest single day in amazon's history. what a juggernaut.

Wonder how much of this is having a clearance sale to open up space for the upcoming holiday season.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

Wonder how much of this is having a clearance sale to open up space for the upcoming holiday season.

Yeah. I'm already pretty sure the two things I bought are likely because new updates will be coming.

Oh well. Smart on their part. Im sure their sales when an item has the "there is a newer version of this product available" tag on it are pretty sh*tty.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

Arte should re-schedule his Christmas in July week to coincide with Amazon Days. Give gift certificates and some 55 inch TV's.

If it's Christmas in July...based on current trends, wouldn't that mean he starts decorating for it in Spring Training?

9 hours ago, mrwicked said:

the whole "prime day" thing is kind of hilarious.

you can clearly see the top brass saying "ok we have this summer lull, what can we do to juice sales to mimic holiday season?"

just make up another holiday!

word now is it what the biggest single day in amazon's history. what a juggernaut.

not sure i heard correctly, but thought i heard that this was a bigger sales day than black friday. maybe that's just for amazon.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

not sure i heard correctly, but thought i heard that this was a bigger sales day than black friday. maybe that's just for amazon.

oh yeah it's definitely the biggest sale day amazon has ever had - they did over $1b in sales.

so expect it to continue.

9 hours ago, mrwicked said:

oh yeah it's definitely the biggest sale day amazon has ever had - they did over $1b in sales.

so expect it to continue.

And yet it pales in comparison to Singles Day for Alibaba.  $17.7 billion last year. 

Eventually American Retailers will add another shopping day and start black Friday early.  Especially if Americans realize there are huge deals to be had that's probably just as good as black Friday, but earlier on 11/11.

20 hours ago, mrwicked said:

As a security person, I just plain don't trust amazon.

And look: now your recordings will be available to the developers, which they said numerous times they would never allow.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/12/15960596/amazon-alexa-echo-speaker-audio-recordings-developers-data

And Alexa continuously records, correct?

fuck!

they probably have me blocked because all I say is "Alexa, play hip hop playlist on Spotify"...."Alexa, shuffle"....."Alexa, next song"

I'll be honest, I disconnected it because I take my portable Bose revive speaker around the house which is hooked up to a few things, but when I want to control Spotify from my laptop it just randomly cuts out and only does so when the dot it also connected to the speaker.

I haven't found legit uses for it yet outside of playing Spotify and asking about the weather.....which is pretty redundant in socal.

23 hours ago, mrwicked said:

As a security person, I just plain don't trust amazon.

And look: now your recordings will be available to the developers, which they said numerous times they would never allow.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/12/15960596/amazon-alexa-echo-speaker-audio-recordings-developers-data

yikes. nothing really is private anymore.

On 7/11/2017 at 10:12 AM, Tank said:

My echo can order cookies.

And new mini fridges for the office.

Coincidence: I just took my mini fridge to work this week after it sat in the garage for almost two years (until last week, I was in offices that already had one). Wasn't sure that it was going to work, but it does.

Just bought the wife an Echo Show, and got an Amazon Tap for the computer room (it was $50 off on a Prime Day deal). Have an Echo Dot in the bedroom that I use as an alarm clock during the work week. They are quite versatile gadgets.

• 3 years later...