• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

July 4th BBQ Menu

What are you men making?

My backyard is finally (well minus the balcony) done. I finally get to bust out the smoker and new grill.

I am gonna grill some brats and burgers. In the smoker, since I'm a complete rook, I'm gonna do a chicken because I don't want to be pissed when I mess it up.

Best chicken for smoking? Whole bird? Thighs?

28 minutes ago, Adam said:

What are you men making?

My backyard is finally (well minus the balcony) done. I finally get to bust out the smoker and new grill.

I am gonna grill some brats and burgers. In the smoker, since I'm a complete rook, I'm gonna do a chicken because I don't want to be pissed when I mess it up.

Best chicken for smoking? Whole bird? Thighs?

I like to smoke the whole bird. Brine it for a full day in advance

I'm working late all week but my wife's birthday in 2 weeks and we'll do a spicy Cajun shrimp and crab boil with corn and potatoes thrown in and for the kids and other spice haters there's hot dogs, potato salad, a traditional Filipino pancit Bihon, ube cake, and much cold San Miguel

Chicken is done and set aside. Ribs are about 2/3rds done. Skipoing the hot links. Blueberry corn bread going into the oven. Crab salad done, grilled vegetables prepped, decided to go with fried zucchini, it's ready to be dipped and dunked. Wife is making deviled eggs. 

Need a beer my ankles are killing me.

My wife added in deviled eggs and four different berries for the desert. My brother brought over his Asian Coleslaw and now I'm still so stuffed and ready to pass out. If only this was Saturday and not Tuesday, I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Ok, I didn't see @AngelsLongBall declaration of coming out if the closet post before adding on to this, now, sullied thread.

Sometimes a guy just had to dance. 

PS - Ribeyes and poppers about to come off the grill to go with wedge salad and 7 layer dip and homemade chips. Bourbon coming next

When the kids were small we used to live in Chino. Not upscale Chino Hills but in the grunge old town and we blew it up on the 4th.

WeWe lived on a cul d sac and once all friends and relations arrived the street locked down and it was a block party. Barbeque in the front yards, slip n slide and wading pools for the kids then fireworks. Lots of every kind and then when our supply was done we watched the city fire off theirs at the High School four blocks away.

Damn good times.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

When the kids were small we used to live in Chino. Not upscale Chino Hills but in the grunge old town and we blew it up on the 4th.

WeWe lived on a cul d sac and once all friends and relations arrived the street locked down and it was a block party. Barbeque in the front yards, slip n slide and wading pools for the kids then fireworks. Lots of every kind and then when our supply was done we watched the city fire off theirs at the High School four blocks away.

Damn good times.

I drove through Chino today for the first time in at least a decade.

They were all setting up for the festivities. It was strange seeing fireworks stands all over the place. 

I also saw a 60-yr old woman in a dress kicking a nerf football down the street