• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels sign Trent Deveaux

8 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Trout will move to LF, probably when Adell/Marsh/Jones are read in 2020-21. But now we have this kid in the mix, but at 16 he probably won't be in the majors for 4-6 years.

I agree, Trout will move.................to NY or Philly or even the Dodgers.

7 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I could never hate Trout. I won't be like the Cleveland fan when Lebron left. Mike is a class act, one of the best parts of this modern game. It'll break my heart into pieces if that ever happens, but I'll always be a fan of Mike Trout.

For me, it would depend upon the circumstances.  If the Angels finally build a good contending team and offer him a very competitive contract and he still decides to leave and choose one those dreadful teams (especially the Doggies), yeah, he would be dead to me.

16 hours ago, ettin said:

After Deveaux got that big signing bonus he should take precautions before he goes and meets a fine girl.

Also this is what happens when I try to remember song lyrics from 20+ years ago.

" [If I were you I'd take pre-]
(-caution)
Before I start to meet fly girl, you know? "

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

I could never hate Trout. I won't be like the Cleveland fan when Lebron left. Mike is a class act, one of the best parts of this modern game. It'll break my heart into pieces if that ever happens, but I'll always be a fan of Mike Trout.

If he signs to a team that is our rival or one of the team's Lou mentioned I'd pretty much dislike him for life. 

If he truly wants to follow in the footsteps of Jeter he'll stay with the team he came up with, like other classy ballplayers Cal Ripken Jr. and Tim Salmon..

18 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If he signs to a team that is our rival or one of the team's Lou mentioned I'd pretty much dislike him for life. 

If he truly wants to follow in the footsteps of Jeter he'll stay with the team he came up with, like other classy ballplayers Cal Ripken Jr. and Tim Salmon..

Not sure you can really put all of that on him.  I mean what if he really wants to live back east and start a family?  Being able to start a family back home and be home for home games and during the offseason could be awfully appealing.  As cliche as it sounds, he's going to do what's best for his family, and I won't think less of him if he thinks going east is what's best. 

Having said that, he was interested in signing a lifetime contract before.  He might really enjoy playing out here.  Great weather, but not that same microscope as the Dodgers or Yankees, and we know he doesn't like being in the spotlight like that.  Maybe we're the perfect fit, you never know. 

Like Trent Deveaux said he wants to sign with a warm weather team.  I'm sure he would've played for anyone, but that fact that we have the best weather in baseball (along with the Dodgers and Padres), and we offered the most money just made us the perfect fit. 

On July 3, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Scotty@AW said:

Me, too

unless he signs withe the dodgers, Yankees or Red Sox.  Might have to throw Texas in there, too 

On 7/3/2017 at 1:11 PM, Scotty@AW said:

Not sure you can really put all of that on him.  I mean what if he really wants to live back east and start a family?  Being able to start a family back home and be home for home games and during the offseason could be awfully appealing.  As cliche as it sounds, he's going to do what's best for his family, and I won't think less of him if he thinks going east is what's best. 

Having said that, he was interested in signing a lifetime contract before.  He might really enjoy playing out here.  Great weather, but not that same microscope as the Dodgers or Yankees, and we know he doesn't like being in the spotlight like that.  Maybe we're the perfect fit, you never know. 

Like Trent Deveaux said he wants to sign with a warm weather team.  I'm sure he would've played for anyone, but that fact that we have the best weather in baseball (along with the Dodgers and Padres), and we offered the most money just made us the perfect fit. 

It's all about the Puka Shells.......

11 hours ago, Lou said:

Who the hell cares what he wants? This is about what I want! 

I thought you only wanted world peace, long moonlight strolls on the beach, a consistent performing mutual fund, sensible shoes and a Niagara Craftmatic Adjustable Bed with Cyclomassage?