• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can we please end the Espinosa Experiment?

I thought we were gonna witness the fairy tale season -- family lifelong Angel's fans and season ticket holders, went to HS in OC, then he hit that game winning home run the first week of the season.  Since then, yeah pretty fucking grim.  

He's a veteran with a a good glove so Scioscia will stick with him throughout the season, virtually guaranteed.

I'm tired of Espinosa also, but this idea that Cowart is going to play 2b is a fantasy.

If the Angels had any notion of playing Cowart at second he'd be getting playing time there right now in the minors. Besides, there is zero evidence that he'd hit any better than Espinosa anyway. The problem here is that there just isn't anyone to replace Espinosa. He plays good defense but can't hit, so he cost us a game because of his inability to hit, but Cowart is likely to cost us games playing out of position and the fact is there's no guarantee he'd hit any better than Espinosa. 

If Cowart gets called up it will be to play 3rd base not second. As I said earlier, if the organization had plans of Cowart playing second base they'd be getting him ready right now by having him play the position in the minors...but he's not. 

14 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

I'm tired of Espinosa also, but this idea that Cowart is going to play 2b is a fantasy.

If the Angels had any notion of playing Cowart at second he'd be getting playing time there right now in the minors. Besides, there is zero evidence that he'd hit any better than Espinosa anyway. The problem here is that there just isn't anyone to replace Espinosa. He plays good defense but can't hit, so he cost us a game because of his inability to hit, but Cowart is likely to cost us games playing out of position and the fact is there's no guarantee he'd hit any better than Espinosa. 

If Cowart gets called up it will be to play 3rd base not second. As I said earlier, if the organization had plans of Cowart playing second base they'd be getting him ready right now by having him play the position in the minors...but he's not. 

He has been playing 2nd base in the minors.  Is there any chance that he could hit worse than Espinosa?  At the very minimum he won't strike out nearly as much. 

Start with Espinosa. Work your way up the chain through Marte and Valbuena and Revere. Show that when Trout is back this team wants to win now and they won't accept having such lousy players on the roster. 

2 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Espinosa plays better with Simmons on defense and is slightly more expensive than Pennington. I think it's going to be Pennington that walks the plank. 

I'll take Pennington any day over Franklin ... he'll be traded if he goes. 

52 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Who is Dipotos boy?  I am pretty sure that every infielder we have is an Eppler guy.  

I think a Pennington came after Dipoto but not sure if it was Eppler so my bad.

Edit...yep Pennington was brought in by Eppler.

Espinosa is a local kid, younger and more expensive to get rid of than Pennington. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

He has played 21 games at 2nd base and 44 games at 3rd base this year.  

Strad, he's not currently play 2nd base which leads me to believe that the Angels don't have any plans for him at that position.

I've grown tired of Espinosa also but it looks like we are stuck with him for the time being.

1 minute ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Strad, he's not currently play 2nd base which leads me to believe that the Angels don't have any plans for him at that position.

I've grown tired of Espinosa also but it looks like we are stuck with him for the time being.

He played 2nd base last night.  That is about as current as you get.  I'll check to see if he is playing there tonight.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

He played 2nd base last night.  That is about as current as you get.  I'll check to see if he is playing there tonight.  

Well then if they start playing him at second then they might be thinking about making a move but he'll have play respectable defense there.

Then of course he'll have to hit a little also which isn't a forgone conclusion.

3 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

i thought this team only took this approach with catchers.