• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can we please end the Espinosa Experiment?

I know, Eppler likes his defense. But it isn't like he's Bill Mazeroski out there.

Espinosa is hitting .168/.247/.290 with a 46 wRC+ and -0.5 fWAR in 70 games. This is Brandon Wood territory.

Among 345 players with 100+ PA this year, his 46 wRC+ is #335 (Jeff Mathis is #345). If we up the criteria to 200 PA, only two players have hit worse.

Can we please give Cowart a shot already?

Espinoza is better defensively that Cowart ... mainly because he knows the position better. 

It is yet to be seen that Cowart is any better offensively. Now isn't probably the best time to find out. I don't see anything happening until after the trade deadline. 

Your voice of reason ... :P Personally, I'm more frustrated with Valbuena and his two year deal. 

You can always bring up Cowart, release Pennington, and play Cowart every day and if it doesn't work out just put Espinosa back out there.  Espinosa can still play short I would think, so he would be that good defensive middle infielder that teams love to have.  Or you keep Pennington, and do something with Marte and bring up Cowart.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You can always bring up Cowart, release Pennington, and play Cowart every day and if it doesn't work out just put Espinosa back out there.  Espinosa can still play short I would think, so he would be that good defensive middle infielder that teams love to have.  Or you keep Pennington, and do something with Marte and bring up Cowart.  

Yeah, I would rather have Espinosa as a back up since he has pop and can steal a base. Plus like you mentioned, he has played both SS and 3B exceptionally well in the past.