• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Getting sucked in

Yeah...

Before the start of the season I promised myself I wouldn't get sucked in this year. This team is a .500 type club on paper and have proven to be just that. I haven't really bothered to pay much attention this season for the first time in forever until last week.

Since basketball and hockey ended there hasn't been much to watch, combined that with the Angels having a nice east coast road trip and boom, I'm sucked in.

It's easy to feel optimistic (coming from me that's saying a lot) with this team since they're a .500 club, have been dismantled by injuries and are a summer winning streak away from grabbing a playoff spot.

I'm really trying to tred lightly but a solid move or two at the deadline and I'll probably be all in again. 

47 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

There's always the mid-September win streak that puts us close to a wild-card spot, after which we blow up on the final weekend.

That's something to look forward to.

I remember that one time this happened.  That was the year Dipoto gave us a team that was below average offensively and a below average pitching staff.  We had a below 100 OPS+ and ERA+.  

I  think that nearly all Angel fans would be thrilled with advanced knowledge that this team would finish this 10 game stretch with at least a 5-5 record, with an outside chance of 7-3.

I also think most of us would be both shocked and thrilled that this team would be anywhere near .500 considering the top eight pitchers on the 25 man roster have been gone most of the year, and our best player gone for a month.

Is the Angel farm system still ranked # 30?

I am not as nervous about the trade deadline this year with no Sean Newcombs in the miners, but I sure hope the Angels try to get younger.